All Together is a collaboration beer being produced by brewers around the world with a common recipe and labeling to raise money to support hospitality professionals.
All Together is a worldwide, open-ended beer collaboration created to raise support for the industry we love so much. It’s an effort to raise awareness and provide relief, even in the smallest way, to those who are struggling. We’re inviting any brewer, from any corner of the planet to participate. The recipe is open source, the artwork is public, and the name is yours to use. The goal is to provide you with the tools to make the beer at the lowest possible cost.
Maine brewers participating in the project include:
Here’s the ever growing list of takeout/delivery with sections for restaurants, coffee & tea, bakeries/bagels/donuts, beer/wine/distilleries, delivery services, markets and other food shops. I’ll continue to revise and categorize the list as the number and type of options changes.
RESTAURANT TAKEOUT/DELIVERY IN PORTLAND
- 2 Dine In – handles food delivery for 129 restaurants.
- A & C Grocery – A&C on Washington Ave location is offering drive-through pick-up in the alley beside A&C. Order online for the drive-thru or call (207) 329-4314.
- Ada’s – has their full menu plus fresh and frozen pasta, sauces and market items available for takeout and has launched a delivery service. (207) 805-1139.
- Amato’s – has takeout. (207) 773-1682.
- Ameera Bread – has takeout and delivery. Order Online.
- Anania’s – continues to do takeout.
- Anthony’s Italian Kitchen – has curbside takeout and delivery. You can order online.
- Banh Appetit – has curbside takeout and delivery. (207) 613-9399.
- Bao Bao – has announced curbside takeout. Order Online.
- Benkay – has curbside takeout and delivery. (207) 773 5555.
- Bill’s Pizza – has curbside takeout and limited delivery. (207) 774-6166.
- Bird & Co. – has takeout and delivery. (207) 747-4056.
- Black Cow – has curbside takeout available, Wed – Sun, noon – 10pm. Order by phone (207) 772-7774 or via web.
- Blake Orchard – has curbside takeout at their Forest Ave location. (207) 536-7983 or order online.
- Blue Spoon – Blue Spoon East has curbside takeout with a home delivery service under development. (207) 773-1116.
- Boda – has curbside take-out. Call (207) 347-7557 or order online.
- Bonobo – has curbside takeout. (207) 347-8267.
- Bread & Butter Co. – “taking orders for frozen dinners, breads, soups, sauces, broths and fresh squeezed juices (not frozen).”
- Bruno’s – has takeout. (207) 878-9511.
- Chaval – has takeout and delivery. See their instagram for the latest menu. (207) 772-1110.
- Cheevitdee – plans to reopen on March 30th for takeout and delivery with online ordering. (207) 747-4795.
- Churchill Events – has takeout and delivery. Order online.
- Coals Pizza – has curbside takeout and delivery. (207) 747-5747.
- Crunchy Poke – has takeout and delivery. (207)835 0838.
- Dutch’s – Dutch’s has their full menu available for takeout. Call Call (207) 761-2900 to place an order or hear about specials.
- Eaux – has curbside takeout. (207) 835-0283.
- El Rayo – has curbside takeout and delivery. (207) 780-8226.
- Elsmere BBQ – has curbside takeout from their location in South Portland. See their menu. (207) 619-1948.
- Empanada Club – has pick-up and delivery. (207) 835-1142.
- Figgy’s – has always done takeout and continues to do so. (207) 805-0085.
- Flores – is continuing to do takeout. (207) 899-0313.
- Green Elephant – has curbside take-out. Call (207) 347-3111 or order online.
- Gritty McDuff’s – has curbside takeout. Call (207) 772-2739.
- Highroller – has takeout and delivery. (207) 536-1623.
- Isa – Isa has takeout. (207) 808-8533.
- Ishi Ishi – has takeout for dinner. (207) 449-6790.
- Katahdin – curbside takeout 4-8 pm, Here’s the menu. (207) 774-1740.
- Knotted Apron – has curbside takeout and delivery. “Delivery will be free of charge to the Rosemont, Deering, Back Bay and Oakdale neighborhoods and you will get a chance to meet Owner/Chef Ryan! Stay tuned for our new made from scratch take out menu and our hours of operation.” (207) 805-1523.
- Kon Asian Bistro – has curbside takeout. (207) 874-0000.
- Kuno – has takeout. Check there instagram account for where they’ll be located.
- Lake & Co – has meal prep service for takeout and delivery on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Order online.
- Lazzari – has curbside takeout and delivery. (207) 536-0368.
- LB Kitchen – has reopened with curbside takeout and delivery of their new LB x Home menu of prepared/bulk items. Order online or call (207) 775-2695.
- Leavitt & Sons – has takeout from both their locations.
- Liquid Riot – has curbside pick-up and delivery (along with a food menu) through Carhop. Order online.
- Little Giant – has takeout and a delivery services, Tuesday through Saturday. Call (207) 747-5045 or order online.
- Leonardo’s – continues to do takeout and delivery. Order online.
- Local 188 – has family-style take out options. (207) 761-7909.
- Luis’s Arepera – has takeout. (207) 284-5007.
- Luke’s – has takeout of their regular menu, as well as DIY kits, and fresh lobster meat, crab meat, shrimp is available for purchase in 1/2 lb increments in packaged containers. (207) 274-6097.
- Mainely Noods – has takeout and delivery. (207) 536-4014.
- Maiz – has a takeout service and delivery. (207) 400-2881 or order online.
- Mama Mo’s – is a soup delivery service in the Greater Portland Area. See their online ordering page for details.
- Mami – curbside takeout. (207) 536-4702.
- Marcy’s Diner – has curbside takeout. (207) 774-9713, cash only.
- Maria’s – Maria’s is now offering curbside takeout and delivery. (207) 772-9232.
- Market Street Eats – has a new curbside pickup service. (207) 773-3135.
- Mi Sen Noodle Bar – “We offer contact- free delivery, just comment ‘contact-free’ when you make your online order thru www.misennoodlebar.com. We’ll leave you order in front of your door and give you a call. Use code: deliveryisonus for free delivery charge from now till the end of April.”
- Monte’s – has curbside takeout. (207) 613-9873.
- Mr. Tuna – is taking pre-orders for pick-up on Saturday April 4th. Order online.
- N To Tail – has takeout. (207) 773-2900.
- Noble BBQ – will be doing BBQ, beer and pizza on Fridays and Saturdays. (207) 536-1395.
- Olive Cafe – has curbside takeout. (207) 772-6200.
- Other Side Deli – both the West End and Deering deli locations (207-761-9650 East Deering, 207-874-7414 West End) are offering curbside takeout.
- Otto Pizza – has delivery and takeout. You can order online at ottoportland.com.
- Pai Men – has curbside takeout, 11:30am-7pm. (207) 541-9204.
- Panda Garden – has takeout. (207) 874-6935.
- Pat’s Pizza – has takeout. Call (207) 699-4455 or order online.
- Petite Jacqueline – has a modified version of their menu available for curbside takeout. (207) 553-7044.
- Pizzaiolo – has takeout and delivery. (207) 300-6035 or order online.
- Pizza Villa – has curbside takeout. (207) 774-1777.
- Pizzarino – has curbside takeout. (207) 536-1189.
- Po’Boys and Pickles – has a takeout service and sells frozen gumbo to go from their Forest Ave location. (207) 518-9735.
- Pom’s Thai – Pom’s various restaurants have curbside takeout, the number for the Congress Street restaurant is (207) 772-7999.
- Portland Pie Company – has curbside takeout and delivery. To order call (207) 772-1231 or at www.portlandpie.com.
- Quiero Cafe – has takeout, 11am – 8pm. Order online or call (207) 546-7033.
- Saeng Thai House – has takeout and delivery, 11am – 8pm. Order online.
- Salvage BBQ – has takeout and neighborhood delivery. (207) 553-2100 or email@example.com.
- Samuel’s – has takeout. (207) 797-6924.
- Sapporo – has takeout. (207) 772-1233.
- Schulte & Herr – has curbside takeout only. (207) 773-1997.
- Shay’s – has curbside takeout.
- Sip of Europe – has takeout and delivery. (207)370-7535.
- Slab – Slab has curbside takeout. Their menu will be updated each morning on the Slab website. (207) 245-3088.
- Solo Italiano – has launched a takeout and delivery service. You can see their new Solo To Go menu online, and place your order by phone at (207) 780-0227.
- Sur Lie – has curbside takeout (see menu online), Call to order at (207) 956-7350.
- Taco Escobarr – has curbside takeout and delivery. (207) 541-9007.
- Thai Essan – has curbside takeout. (207) 536-0752.
- The Local Press – has curbside takeout. (207) 773-0039.
- The Muthah Truckah – continues to operate. Check their instagram account for daily location and hours.
- The Sinful Kitchen – has takeout. (207) 536-0611.
- Three Dollar Deweys – has takeout. (207-772-3310.
- Tiqa – has takeout. (207) 808-8840.
- Tomasso’s – has takeout and local delivery. Order Online.
- Totally Awesome Vegan Food Truck – at the corner of Bolton and Congress on Sundays. (207) 420-8341.
- Tu Casa – has takeout. (207) 828-4971.
- Union – has family-style takeout. (207) 808-8700.
- Union Kitchen/Black Tie – on Commercial St has takeout and delivery. Call (207) 761-6665.
- Vantage Point – has takeout. (207) 999-9916. Check their instagram account for where you can find their food cart.
- Vena’s Fizz House – all their mocktails are available for curbside pick-up. (207) 747-4901.
- Veranda Noodle House – has takeout. (207) 536-1996.
- Veranda Thai – has takeout. Order online or call (207) 874-0045.
- Woodford F&B – has curbside takeout. To order call (207) 200-8503.
- Yobo – has takeout. (207)536-0986.
RESTAURANTS OUTSIDE PORTLAND
BAKERIES, DONUTS & BAGELS
COFFEE & TEA
BEER, WINE & SPIRITS
- Car Hop – handles delivery for a growing number of breweries and distilleries. Check their website to see if the list includes one of the ones you’re interested in.
- 1820 Wines – has partnered with The Cheese Shop and Mill Cove Crackers to produce a wine, cheese and crackers package (with delivery within Portland. Online ordering for delivery and pick-up.
- Allagash Brewing – has launched Allagash on the Fly a curbside takeout option as well as a delivery service. “You can now choose from a big list of Allagash beer—both year-round and limited-offerings—reserve beer online, and stop by our tasting room to pick up your pre-packaged order without ever leaving your car.” Order Online
- Austin Street – has takeout of their beer from both locations.
- Banded Brewing – has cans ready for takeout, “hours are m-th 2-7 & f-su 12-7”.
- Battery Steele – has takeout and delivery which you can order online.
- Bier Cellar – continues to operate and will do curbside service and online ordering.
- Bissell Brothers – now delivers. Order Online.
- Bow Street Beverage – has curbside pick-up. (207) 228-2024 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Extrava – has takeout.
- Fore River Brewing – has curbside pick-up.
- Foundation – has takeout which you can order online.
- Good Fires – has curbside sales/pick-up. You can order online.
- Grippy Tannins – has curbside takeout. Call (207) 747-4524, text (207) 650-1195, or email email@example.com.
- Hardshore – has curbside pick-up of cocktail kits and spirits. Order online.
- Liquid Riot – has curbside pick-up and delivery (along with a food menu) through Carhop. Order online.
- Lorne – “For the coming week, our retail shop (chock full of beer, wine, and cider) will be open Tuesday-Friday from 4pm-8pm and on Saturday and Sunday from noon-4pm.”
- Lone Pine – has cans and bottles for takeout at their Portland location which you can order online.
- Maine Beer Co – MBC is selling takeout beer and pizza which you can order online.
- Maine Craft Distilling – MCD is selling cocktail mixer kits and spirits for pick-up or delivery.
- Maine & Loire – has launched a delivery service for mixed half /whole cases. Order Online.
- Mast Landing – has curbside takeout. Order Online.
- Novare Res – is selling beer and wine to go including their entire bottle selection. “We are working on using sales to help keep the lights on & to help organize the “Novare Gang” staff emergency fund to help members who are critically affected by this.” (207) 761-2437.
- Old Port Wine – has curbside pick-up.
- Oxbow Brewing – has launched a delivery service with online ordering.
- Portland Beer Hub – has pickup and delivery, and you can order online.
- Rising Tide – has curbside pickup, and you can order online.
- RootWild – has launched a takeout service.
- Shipyard – has curbside pick-up. Call (207) 761-9665 to order or go online.
- Stroudwater – has pick-up for their spirits and cocktail mixing kits. (207) 808-3363.
- Three of Strong – is open for curbside pick-up, 12-6 daily, with spirits and cocktail kits. Order online or call (207) 899- 4930.
GROCERIES & GROCERY DELIVERY/PICK-UP
- Rosemont – Rosemont now has both:
- Portland Food Co-op – has daily hours (9-10am) for immune compromised, elderly and disabled shoppers. They are open 10am – 1pm, 2- 6pm for everyone else.
- Lois’ Natural Marketplace – has curbside pickup at both locations. To order call (207) 210-6500 (Portland) and (207) 885-0602 (Scarborough).
- Solo Cucina Market – opens Wednesday at 11am and is providing curbside pick-up. Order online or call (207) 808-8507.
- Winter Farmers’ Market – is scheduled to continue. Saturdays 9am – 1 pm.
- Stonecipher Farm – will be holding an “open air, safe-distance, 4 week vegetable CSA program. Pickups will be on Saturdays from 4:00pm-6:00pm” in the parking lot at Local 188. They’re also partnering Solo Italiano on selling 4-week and 13-week shares for pick-up at Solo Italiano on “Saturday between 3&8 or Sunday between 1&6.”
- Buy Direct from Farms – a list of farms in Maine that sell direct published by the University of Maine Extension.
- Milk & Honey – has launched a farm food pick-up service. “farm food , wholesome , delicious, nutritious and clean from our farms to your trunk. Tuesdays , Thursday’s and Saturday’s 2-4 pm…Text Lauren your order or questions 2072487396 and pay Venmo Lauren Pignatello or I’ll square invoice you.”
- Fresh Approach – has a takeout and delivery available Monday through Friday (Monday through Friday 8am to 7pm, Saturday 9am to 7pm, Sunday 9am to 5pm). Call (207) 774-7250.
- Sun Oriental Market – has curbside service, Mon – Sat. (207) 772-8675.
- Pats Meat Market – has curbside pickup. Text (207) 553-0990 or call (207) 772-3961 to order.
- La Bodega Latina – continues to be open.
- Monte’s – has curbside pick-up for grocery items. (207) 613-9873.
- Gulf of Maine Sashimi – is selling fish fillets and whole fish.
- Harbor Fish – has curbside takeout service as well as delivery, 8:30 am-6 pm. See available fish here. Call (207) 775-0251 ext #1.
- Free Range Fish and Lobster – continues to be open.
- Portland Oyster Shop – has a “limited take-away menu of unshucked oysters, tinned fish + specials for take away. Pre-orders are encouraged via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the shop directly at 207.699.4466.”
- Buy Direct from Oyster Farms – Maine Oyster Co has put together this list of Maine oyster farms.
- The Cheese Shop – The Cheese Shop is providing curbside takeout “We strongly encourage our curbside pickup option -simply call us, talk through your order, give us 30 minutes to put it together, and we’ll run it out to your car when you pull up.”
- Dean’s Sweets – has takeout from 475 Fore Street and 54 Cove Street, and free delivery locally within 10 miles.
- The Cheese Iron – has curbside takeout and delivery. Call (207) 883-4057 or email email@example.com.
- Gelato Fiasco – has curbside takeout, Thursday-Friday 4-9 p.m., Saturday-Sunday, 2-9 p.m.. Order online.
- Gorgeous Gelato – has a new pint/quart delivery service. “Starting tomorrow, we will post on Facebook a selection of available flavors for next-day delivery. You can place your order at (207) 699 4309 from 9:00am to 7:00pm and we will deliver the next day from 2:00 pm to 8:00pm”
- Lib’s – continues to be open for takeout.
- Old Port Candy – has pick-up, Wed – Sun. Order online.
- Heritage Seaweed – has curbside pickup on Tues, Thurs and Sat 1-3pm.
- Fiore – located inside Ada’s does curbside takeout. (207) 801-8978.
- Instacart – Instacart handles delivery for Shaws.
- Whole Foods – Whole Foods has a grocery delivery service for Prime members.
Know of something I’m missing, then please post a comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Andrew Ross has temporarily put down his critic’s pen, to write about the takeout food available during the corona virus pandemic.
For the duration of this public health crisis (and please don’t delude yourself into thinking it’s anything other than a crisis), I will not say anything critical about any restaurant or food business. To do so in such a brittle economic environment would feel mean-spirited and irresponsible.
Instead, I’ll share a few of my personal experiences exploring how to dine (and drink) in, while still engaging with our state’s remarkable food-and-beverage businesses.
Note: Since this article was written Drifters Wife has put their food service on hold.
Maine distilleries are making a change from producing craft spirits to hand sanitizer:
A growing number of local food businesses are signing on for Feeding the Frontline—a program that enlists the public to enable restaurants to provide free meals to healthcare providers, first responders and other groups impacted by and assisting with the current crisis.
Here’s a list of participating organizations:
For additional information on Feeding the Frontline in Maine, see this article from the Press Herald.
While not associated with Feeding the Frontline, some other businesses are doing what they can to help others. Here are a couple I have heard about recently:
- The Bird & Co. – has been providing free meals to elementary school children.
- Botto’s Bakery – has been providing breakfast pastry platters to Seaside Nursing Home in the neighborhood.
- Dizzy Bird – is delivering meals to Southern Maine Healthcare which you can support via their online ordering system.
The Bangor Daily News has a report on a small volunteer organization delivering food in Portland,
Later that day, the group delivered some 600 meals worth of rice and beans on the doorsteps of people they identified in some of the city’s most vulnerable neighborhoods, such as Parkside, East Bayside and the affordable housing complexes in Sagamore Village and Munjoy South.
and the Press Herald has a report on how LL Bean is helping the Good Shepherd Food bank deliver to food pantries.
The outdoors retailer is partnering with Maine’s largest food bank, Good Shepherd. The company’s workers will sort and package food in boxes that the Good Shepherd Food Bank will ship to food pantries in all 16 counties.
The lives of workers in the Maine restaurant industry have been especially hard hit by the Corona virus pandemic.
Caroline Richter, the bar manager at Leeward, has put together this helpful set of resources for her peers and has been good enough to allow me to share it here so it can reach more of the people who need it.
WORKER COMPENSATION ASSISTANCE
- Maine Unemployment – Apply here. F.A.Q. information is NOT up to date. Waiting periods have been waived, and you do not need to actively look for work if your reason for applying is covid-19.
- Another Round Another Rally – Relief fund for all industry employees, providing $500 grants.
- One Fair Wage – Emergency fund for all hospitality and gig economy workers. Currently fundraising to refill the fund but still accepting applications.
- Restaurant Opportunities Centers United – Relief fund for all industry employees.
- Restaurant Workers Community Foundation – National relief fund that is not up and running yet but will be soon. Email email@example.com to express interest and receive an application when they are live.
- USBG National Charity Foundation – Apply for Bartender Emergency Assistance Program. You do not need to be a member of USBG to receive aid.
- Golden Rule Charity – Grant fund for hospitality workers who have been in the industry for at least 6 months. Money is distributed to vendors instead of directly to applicant (i.e. to your landlord if you apply for help with rent).
- James Beard Foundation – Emergency relief fund to begin accepting applications in the next few days. Visit JBF website to add your information and express interest in an application when they go live. For more information fill out this form.
- Lift your Spirits – Grant for US industry employees who receive the majority of their income from hospitality jobs. First come first serve. Grant applications available on their site.
- Personal Loans – Maine residents can apply for zero interest loans of up to $5,000 to be received three times (15,000 total). Lending institutions are working with Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) to employ this. This is a part of very recent legislature put in place to help make up gaps in unemployment benefits. More info on the FAME website
- Good Shepard Food Bank – Extended hours for food pick up. Find locations for local food pantries and soup kitchens on their site.
- SNAP Benefits (Food Stamps) – Apply here. Caps on yearly income and current checking + savings account balances apply. Check F.A.Q. to determine eligibility.
FOOD ASSISTANCE FOR KIDS
- Jersey’s Subs and Sweets (BANGOR) – Free bagged lunches for students in need. No questions asked.
- Boba (LEWISTON) – Free meals for kids Tuesday- Saturday until April 2nd .
- South Portland Boys & Girls Club – Grab and go dinners from 4-5pm Monday through Friday, SoPo School Dept. will begin serving lunch there Tuesday 3/24 11 am – 1 pm.
UTILITIES & RENT ASSISTANCE
- CMP – Cut-offs for residential non-payment suspended.
- Rent Abatement – Ask landlords for rent deferrals or reductions. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have announced that they will be implementing deferrals/ reductions for the next 12 months on mortgages they’ve insured. It’s expected that other banks will be following suit. If landlords aren’t signing onto this yet, tenants should keep asking.
- MaineCare – Furloughed employees without health insurance in Maine are eligible to apply for health benefits via MaineCare.
- NAMI of Maine – 24/7 helpline.Text NAMI to 741741 or call the NAMI helpline at 1-800-950-NAMI (6264).
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) – 24/7 disaster distress helpline. Text TalkWithUs to 66746 or call 1-800-985-5990 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
- Maine Coalition to End Domestic Violence (MCEDV) – For safety planning and domestic violence help call statewide helpline at 1-866-834-HELP. Hearing impaired line 1-800-437-1220. Find local organizations by county and tribal community here on their website.
- Sexual Assault Response Services of Southern Maine (SARSSM) + Sexual Assault Response Services of Midcoast Maine (SARSMM) 24/7 helpline. Call 1-800-871-7741 – Southern Maine site, Midcoast site
FITNESS AND WELLNESS ONLINE SERVICES
The Press Herald has published an article about how the working lives of cashiers and markets and groceries have changed.
Operations at the Rosemont Market & Bakery in Portland’s West End changed quickly last week. On Tuesday there was a limit of five customers inside the store at a time. By Wednesday only curbside pickup was allowed, with employees filling orders taken over the phone or online and handing off the groceries outside the shop.
Solo Cucina Market (website, facebook, instagram) is planning to go ahead and open this Wednesday. Their hours will be 11 am to 4 pm.
The market is a collaboration between the owners of The Farm Stand in South Portland and Solo Italiano. The market will feature a bakery and Solo Cucina will sell fresh pasta and sauces prepared foods to go in addition to the meats, dairy, wine, beer and produce that The Farm Stand has become known for.
At this time of restaurant closings it’s so encouraging to see a new business taking the leap and opening for the first time.
Knowing that a lot of people are home cooking for themselves a few restaurants have gone online to share some food prep advice: