Tuesday – Bar Futo will be hosting chefs from Texas and Utah for a Taco & Friendsgiving pop-up dinner.
Wednesday – The last outdoor farmers’ market of the season is taking place (Deering Oaks Park, 8 am – 1 pm).
2023 Thanksgiving Resource List – options for dining out, getting takeout and ordering sides and pies for your home meal.
- Cheese Louise – will be serving free meals (turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, and cranberry bread). See their instagram post for details.
- Crispy Gai – Crispy Gai along with Regards, Smalls, Bread and Friends and Car Hop are running a free Thanksgiving meal delivery service. See this post for details on how to request a meal.
- The Good Shepherd Food Bank plays an integral role in distributing food during Thanksgiving and all year round in Maine. See their website for information where to find food through their partner agencies in Maine or to make a donation.
- Taj – is once again running a free holiday meal service on Thanksgiving. See this post for information on how to request a meal for pick-up on Thanksgiving day.
- Wayside Food Programs is producing 400 Thanksgiving meals to go, and 50 boxes that contain the ingredients to prepare a Thanksgiving dinner at home (frozen turkey, a pie, squash, potatoes, butter, green beans, cream of mushroom soup, cranberry sauce, stuffing & gravy). Anyone interested in one of the meals or Thanksgiving dinner boxes can call (207) 775-4939 to register for one by November 13th. The meals will be delivered to three different locations and the boxes will be distributed on November 21st. Call Wayside at (207) 775-4939 for all the details.
- Annette’s Country Skillet Diner (Naples) – will be serving a Thanksgiving Dinner for $18.99 per person.
- Aubrey Coffee House (South Berwick) – is taking preorders (text 603-534-2004) for their Thanksgiving line-up of desserts.
- Baked Maine/Pottery Cafe – is taking preorders in-person for pies and other baked goods. They’ll have pick-up in Portland and Wells.
- Banh Appetit – has a Thanksgiving menu of appetizers, main courses and dessert.
- Big Tree Grocery – the team behind Eventide and Honey Paw has a variety of starters, turkeys, sides and baked goods available for preorder to make your home meal prep a little easier. They have 5 pick-up locations in the Portland area.
- Bistro + Terrace – the restaurant at the Portland Harbor Hotel is serving a Thanksgiving dinner; $85 per person with optional $40 wine pairings.
- Bistro Leluco (South Portland) – is taking preorders by phone (207-536-1690) or in person for whole and half roasted turkeys as well as a range of appetizers, sides and desserts for pick-up on the 22nd and 23rd.
- Chaval – is taking preorders for pumpkin and maple pecan pie, Thanksgiving ricotta pie, bourbon cake, and apple and vanilla bean cheesecake for pick-up on November 22nd.
- Dandelion Catering (Yarmouth) – is taking preorders for turkeys, sides, breads, desserts for pick-up on the 22nd.
- Dock Fore –will be serving turkey dinner pizza and turkey sandwiches, 11 am to 3 pm.
- Eighteen 95 – the restaurant at The Regency hotel is serving a 3-course Thanksgiving dinner for $70 per person.
- Five Fifty-Five North (Brunswick) – is serving a 3-course Thanksgiving dinner (menu) for $85 per person; online reservations.
- Harraseeket Inn (Freeport) – will have three seatings for their Thanksgiving Day grand buffet (menu); $165 per person, $65 per for kids 6 to 12, call for reservations (207) 865-9377.
- Kelsey Mari – is taking preorders for Thanksgiving pies for pick-up on the 22nd and 23rd.
- MK Kitchen (Gorham) – will be serving a 3-course Thanksgiving Dinner (menu); reservations can be made on OpenTable.
- Natalie’s (Camden) – will be serving a 5-course Thanksgiving dinner for $147 per person with optional wine pairings for $93.
- Nina June (Rockport) – is taking preorders for their Everything but the Bird takeout menu of appetizers, sides, salads, desserts and drinks for pick-up on November 22nd.
- The Norumbega (Camden) – is serving a 4-course Thanksgiving dinner with seatings at 2 and 5 pm for $95 per person. Call (207) 236-4646.
- Orchard Ridge Farm (Gorham) – is taking preorders for turkeys, ducks and ham.
- Ore Nell’s (Biddeford) – is offering a full Thanksgiving Meal that feeds 6-8 for $165.99 plus tax. SOLD OUT.
- Other Side Diner – is taking pre-orders in-person or by phone (207-772-0002) for mezze platters, breads and sides. They’re located at 500 Washington Ave.
- Pat’s Meat Market – has a selection of meats available including turkeys, prime rib, duck, pork crown roast.
- Pepperell Provisions (Biddeford) – has a full spectrum of turkeys, sides, appetizers and desserts available for preorder. Place your order by November 20 for pick-up on the 22nd.
- Rosie’s – will be serving a Thanksgiving dinner (11 am until they sell out).
- Salt Yard – at the Canopy Hotel will be serving a Thanksgiving buffet, $59 per adult and $36 per child. Reservations can be made on Resy.com.
- Salt and Pepper (Damariscotta) – is taking preorders for plant-based Thanksgiving dinners and other dishes. Pick-up in Portland on the day before Thanksgiving is available.
- Saltwater Grille (South Portland) – will be serving a Thanksgiving buffet with seatings at 11:30, 1:30, 3:30, and 5:30; $75/ per adult, $35 per kids 6-12, free of children 5 and under.
- Sea Glass (Cape Elizabeth) – the restaurant at the Inn by the Sea is serving a Thanksgiving dinner ($85/adult, $32/children 4-12yo).
- Sticky Sweet – is taking preorders for a pair of Thanksgiving vegan and gluten-free pies for pick-up on the 21st or 22nd.
- Three Dollar Deweys – is serving a Thanksgiving dinner for $35 per person.
- Twelve – is taking preorders for pies to pick-up on the 21st and 22nd.
- Two Fat Cats – has pies, cakes and other baked goods available to preorder for Thanksgiving; orders must be in 48 hours before pick-up. Available from both their Portland and South Portland locations.
- Ugly Duckling – is taking preorders for pumpkin and maple pecan pie, Thanksgiving ricotta pie, bourbon cake, and apple and vanilla bean cheesecake for pick-up on November 22nd.
- Verbena’s (South Portland) – is taking preorders for a 3-course Thanksgiving differ with vegan/gluten-free options for each course. Order by the 20th for pick-up on the 22nd. $58 per person.
- Vy Banh Mi – is taking preorder for a variety of dishes and a full Vietnamese meal serving 5-7; Pick-up in on November 23rd. Call/text 207-206-9662, DM them on instagram or email email@example.com to place your order.
- Wayside Tavern – is serving a 4-course family-style Thanksgiving Feast for $90/person with optional wine pairings for $55; ticketed reservations available online.
- Wine Wise – has put together a selection of 6 wines recommended by six local wine distributors. Place your order for box of wines for home delivery.
- Yardie Ting – is taking preorder for Thanksgiving meals and sides; order by the 20th for pick-up on Thanksgiving Day.
- Other Vegan Vendors – see this article from Avery Yale Kamila for a list of where to source vegan dishes for your Thanksgiving table.
- Other Dining Out Options – see this article for additional ideas on where to eat on Thanksgiving.
Friday/Saturday – Hardshore is hosting a WildHaven Brunch for Dinner pop-up.
November 28 – Bayside Bowl’s South Portland outpost Broadway Bowl is scheduled to open. The Falmouth Memorial Library is hosting a talk entitled The Indian Kitchen: A Crossroads of Many Cultures.
November 30 – deadline for the public and industry professionals to submit recommendations to the James Beard Foundation to consideration for the 2024 Awards program.
December 1 – Chocolate Passion is opening their new location at 175 Spring Street (the former Mercy Hospital building). Cabana is holding a Noche Buena 4-course dinner.
December 2 – Porttown Public House is holding their grand opening. The first indoor winter farmers’ market of the season is taking place (631 Stevens Ave, 9 am – 1 pm).
December 6 – Chaval will be serving a vegan wine dinner. The 5-course (4 savory courses and 1 dessert course) will feature wines from Chateau Cosme & Chateau Rouanne in the southern Rhone Valley; $88 plus tax and gratuity. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (207) 772-1110 for reservations.
December 7 – Secret Supper is holding a (sold out) holiday dinner in the Portland area.
January 20 – Flanagan’s Farm in Buxton will be holding a Supper Club dinner featuring chef Adrian Arvizu from Big Tree Catering.
January 27 – Flanagan’s Farm in Buxton will be holding a Supper Club dinner featuring chef Christian Hayes from The Garrison.
February 10 – Flanagan’s Farm in Buxton will be holding a Supper Club dinner featuring chef Krista Kern Desjarlais from Bresca and The Purple House.
February 18 – Flanagan’s Farm in Buxton will be holding a Supper Club dinner featuring chefs Ilma Lopez and Damian Sansonetti from Chaval and Devin Finigan from Aragosta.
June 10-16 – Portland Wine Week is taking place.
June 26 – Secret Supper (instagram) is holding a dinner in the Portland area.
June 29 – The 3rd Annual Mast Landing Wavy Days Festival is taking place.
August 30 – September 1 – Maine Apple Camp is taking place.