Monday – Chef Ryan Nielsen is holding the first of his Pasilla (instagram) pop-up series. He’ll be serving a menu of tacos, tortas, tostadas, agua frescas and desserts. The pop-up will be taking place at the Mr. Tuna space in the Public Market House with takeout and limited seating. Quanto Basta, Devenish Wines and Maps are collaborating on a Italian wine, pizza and pop music event at Maps on Market Street. The kitchen at the Washington Baths is kicking off their monthly Bread Soup Cake dinner series (7-10 pm) serving “heaps of bread, soup, and cake” for $20 per person and as an optional addition wine.
Wednesday – Harvest on the Harbor is taking November 3 -6.
Thursday – the launch party for MOFGA’s new book The Organic Farming Revolution is taking place at the Art Museum, and North 43 Bistro is holding a wine dinner featuring wines from Roederer Vineyard.
Friday – Ruby’s West End and sommelier Coco O’Neil are collaborating on a 5-course wine dinner.
Saturday – Kalamata’s Kitchen will be holding a reading and book signing at Oxbow Brewing 2-3 pm with snacks from Chaval and Duckfat.
Sunday – Maillard Kitchen will be holding a taco pop-up at Foundation Brewing.
November 7/8 – Chef Cara Stadler has launched a pair of event series that run through June. The Science Cafe series “feature a local aquaculture producer or two who will share their story and answer our questions” and the cooking class series will be taught the subsequent evenings focusing on the product highlighted in the previous night’s Science Cafe.
November 8 – Natalie DiBenedetto closed up her West End fried chicken restaurant Figgy’s back in July. She’s now doing a Figgy’s pop-up dinner out of Fork Food Lab next Monday. Fork has a full calendar of November pop-ups by Niyat (6th, 7th, 13th, 20th, 21st), Milk Bottle and Port Box Co (10th, 24th), Little Brother (19th). Maine Beer Company will be releasing Little Whaleboat IPA, a new beer to highlight their support of the Maine Coast Heritage Trust efforts to conserve three in islands Casco Bay.
November 10 – Evo and Liquid Riot are collaborating on a beer dinner.
November 13 – the grand opening of The Maker’s Gallery.
November 21 – Lorne Wine is holding a Fete du Beaujolais at Broadturn Farm.
Thanksgiving – a small but quickly growing number of vendors are starting to announce their Thanksgiving offerings. This list will be updated as new info becomes available:
- Ada’s – boards, baked pasta and desserts; order by the 20th for pick-up on the 24th.
- Bam Bam Bakery – has a range of gluten-free baked good; order deadline November 19th for pick-up on the 23rd and 24th.
- BenReuben’s Knishery – roast chicken, sides, dessert for pick-up on the 24th.
- Big Tree – Thanksgiving online ordering goes live November 11th and closes on the 19th for pick-up on the 24th in Portland, Biddeford, or shipped out on Casco Bay Ferry.
- Black Betty Bistro – is offering a roast half turkey with green beans, mashed potato, corn bread, cranberry sauce, gravy to serve six people for $175. Order deadline in November 17th for pick-up on the 23rd or 24th.
- BlueFin – 4-course dinner for $75 per person.
- Cakes for All Seasons – order by 21st for pickup in Biddeford on the 23rd or 24th.
- Dandelion Catering – turkeys, sides and desserts; deadline on the 17th for pick-up on the 24th.
- Friends & Family – appetizer kits; deadline on the 21st for pick-up on the 24th.
- Lake & Co. – dinner for two, sides, and desserts; order deadline November 15th for pick-up on November 24th and 25th.
- Monte’s – is taking orders for turkeys; deadline on the 10th for pick-up on 22nd – 24th.
- North 43 Bistro – a ready to roast turkey along with sides and pie, feeds 6, $235.
- Other Side – is taking pre-orders for turkeys, sides and dessert.
- Petite Jacqueline – 3-course dinner for $75 per person.
- Portland Co-op – is starting to take turkey pre-orders on November 1st.
- Prairie Baking Co. – has a cake and coffee cake available for pre-order.
- Rosemont Market – is taking pre-orders for turkeys, sides and baked goods for pick-up on the 23rd or 24th.
- Ruby’s West End – turkeys, sides, desserts and wine.
- Salt Yard – dinner for 2, $120; for pick-up on the 24th.
- Solo Cucina Market – on November 23rd or 24th is a pick-up location for turkey orders from Farmers’ Gate.
- Sur Lie – turkey, sides, and/or wine for four; ordering deadline November 18th, for pick-up on November 24th.
- Sweet Woodruff Provisions – ordering starts on the 7th for pick-up on the 23rd or 24th.
- Tandem Coffee – order deadline 19th, pick-up on 23rd or 24th.
- Two Fat Cats – has a wide array of baked goods available for pre-order with pick-up on November 23-25th.
- Wayside – will be serving a prix-fixe Thanksgiving menu for $85 per person, 1-5 pm. Call or go on Resy to make a reservation.
- Westin – offering a 2-person ‘take and bake’ meal for $80 for pick-up on the 24th, and a 3-course dinner on Thanksgiving day at the Westin for $85 per person (reservations open on October 27th).
- Yardie Ting – Thanksgiving meals for families of 4-, 6- and 12 and sides; for pickup on the 25th.