Portland Trails is holding a recipe contest to “explore the variety of food that can be enjoyed out on the trail”. The deadline for submission is February 22. The first place prize is “a meal for two at one of Portland’s fine restaurants and a guest appearance on CTN5’s ‘Community Kitchens’ television show.”
People are encouraged to submit healthy, delicious recipes for on-the-go food inspired by Portland’s trails and Southern Maine’s farms and gardens. The recipe should be for a meal-worthy snack that can be carried in a backpack and eaten on a trail. Submissions should include:
- Recipe Name (must be named for a trail within the Portland Trail’s network)
- A brief (1-2 sentence) explanation about why the name was chosen
- Photograph of the finished dish
- Category in which the entrant chooses to be judged (professional or amateur)
- Details about how to store and pack the meal are encouraged
For more information call (207) 775-2411 and ask for Rachael Weyand or email email@example.com.