Tuesday — the Local Foods Networking Breakfast is taking place and Allagash is holding a Friendsgiving event.
Wednesday — Old Port Wine Merchants is holding a holiday wine tasting, and the Monument Square Farmers’ Market is taking place.
Thursday — Banded Horn is doing a tap takeover at Evo, Bryan Hinschberger from Bon Vivant Imports will be pouring wines from the Štekar family in Slovenia at Central Provisions and the Public Market House, Aurora Provisions and C Salt Gourmet are holding a Thanksgiving wine tasting.
Friday — Liquid Riot is releasing their Aguardiente de Agave Spirit, and the West End Rosemont is holding a wine tasting.
Saturday — Damian Sansonetti and Ilma Lopez from Piccolo are the featured chefs at a Beard House dinner in NYC, the Brighton Ave Rosemont is holding a wine tasting, Sarah Fioroni author of A Family Farm in Tuscany will be at The Farm Stand for a book signing, and the Deering Oaks Farmers’ Market is taking place.
Thanksgiving is just a couple weeks away. If you plan to eat out for Thanksgiving make your reservations now:
- Brian Boru, Thanksgiving buffet, $23.99 (children under 12 are half priced), noon – 5:30
- C-Squared, 3-course, $65 per person, 11 – 8.
- Eve’s at the Garden is serving a buffet, $55 per person, ages 6-12 $24.95 and children under 6 are free.
- Five Fifty-Five, 4-course dinner for $80 per person, there’s also a 3-course children’s dinner for $35 per person, 1-8.
- Harraseeket Inn is serving their Thanksgiving Grand Buffet.
- Saltwater Grille is serving a Thanksgiving buffet, $49.99 per person, $14.99 for children.
- Sea Glass is serving their Thanksgiving Grand Buffet, $60 per adult, children 5-12 are $22, kids under 5 are free, 12-8.
- Tempo Dulu, 5 courses, $85 per person.
- Timber, 4-course dinner, $35 per person, vegetarian options available, 1-8.
- Twenty Milk Street is serving a Thanksgiving dinner.
- Union is serving 3-($55) and 5-($79) course Thanksgiving dinners, 12:30 – 8:30.
- Wayside Food Program is holding their annual Thanksgiving Dinner at the Portland Club, 11-1.
- Zackery’s is serving a Thanksgiving buffet, $27 per adult, $22 for seniors, children under 10 pay their age.
- Turkeys are available from Rosemont Market, the Other Side Delicatessen, The Farm Stand, C Salt Gourmet Market, Ten Ten Pié Wolfe’s Neck Farm, Serendipity Acres Farm, Alewive’s Brook Farm and Frith Farm.
- Prepared Side Dishes can be sourced from Aurora Provisions, the Other Side Delicatessen C Salt Gourmet and Rosemont Market.
- Pies, Cakes and Desserts are being sold by Standard Baking, Scratch Baking Co., Ten Ten Pié, Portland Patisserie, Two Fat Cats and Tandem Bakery.
- While making your own dinner plans, please consider making a donation to the Good Shepherd Food Bank to help them fight hunger in Maine.
For more information on these and other upcoming food happenings in the area, visit the event calendar.
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.