StarChefs has released their list of Rising Stars in the Costal New England region.
In New England, cold, snowed-in nights turn into long, sunny beach days. In our over 100 editorial visits across Rhode Island, Maine, and the Massachusetts Islands, we found a group of industry professionals defying the odds of seasonality, embracing the unique challenges of an economy that burns hotter than the summer sun, and understanding how to keep themselves and their teams stimulated and engaged in the winter months. There is a serious focus on agriculture, aquaculture, as well as innovations in showcasing what is fished and farmed locally. From the Narragansett to the Casco, StarChefs is proud to welcome in our newest class of Rising Stars.
A number of Portland area chefs, restaurateurs and bartenders are on the list. Congratulations to all the honorees:
- Jeremy Broucek, Bread & Friends – Chef category
- Arvid Brown, Room for Improvement – Bartender category
- Valerie Goldman, The Honey Paw – Chef category
- Marisa Lewiecki and Jordan Rubin, Bar Futo and Mr. Tuna – Restaurateur category
- Georgia Macon, Twelve – Pastry Chef category
- Cyle Reynolds, Crispy Gai – Community Chef category
- Neil Zabriskie, Regards – Chef category
Read more about the Rising Star Awards Program on the starchefs.com website.