Congratulations to the 8 Maine food producers that have earned a place as Finalists for the 2016 Good Food Award:
- Coffee – Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Hafursa from Speckled Ax
- Beer – Daymark from Rising Tide Brewing
- Cheese – Tide Line from Winter Hill Farm
- Chocolate – Nutty for You from Bixby & Co. and Maine Mint Truffle from Black Dinah Chocolatiers
- Honey – Gold Star Honey from Gold Star Honeybees and also the honey from Posto Bello Apiaries
- Pantry – Garlic Scape Relish from Turtle Rock Farm
The winners in all categories will be announced at the GFA awards ceremony and gala on January 15, 2016 in San Francisco.
Here’s some background on the Good Food Awards program,
The Good Food Awards were created to redefine ‘good food’ as being tasty, authentic and responsible. We aim to set criteria for entry that are realistic and inclusive of food and drink producers who have demonstrated a commitment to be part of building a tasty, authentic and responsible food system, going far above and beyond the status quo for their industry, while not making them so strict that eligible participants are limited to a small handful of products.