Thursday – Judy Gibson is serving a 4-course wine dinner featuring wines from Lauren Bonnois. Mrs. Gee Free Living and Gather are collaborating on a gluten-free dinner which will benefit the Lewiston-Auburn Area Response Fund. Bow Street is holding a ticketed wine tasting with Bronco Family Wines.
Friday – Maine & Loire is holding a wine tasting with importer Laurent Bonnois.
Friday-Sunday – The 6th Annual Downeast Cider + Cheese Festival is taking place in Ellsworth.
Saturday – Dandelion Spring Farm in Bowdoin is teaching a Pies & Sides cooking class for people who want to tune up their cooking skills in time for Thanksgiving.
Sunday – The Cheese Shop is teaching a reprise of their Cheese 101 class.
November 15 – A whiskey and chocolate tasting featuring Liquid Riot and Dean’s Sweets is taking place at Ballast.
November 15-16 – The Knotted Apron is serving a 6-course French wine dinner.
November 16 – A 4-course Ukrainian dinner is taking place in Lewiston. Community Plate is holding a potluck dinner and story sharing event in Freeport. Hardshore Distilling is holding a release party for their new line of bourbon.
November 17 – the November edition of Guerilla Queer Bar is taking place at Salvage BBQ. David’s Opus Ten is serving a menu created by the restaurants SMCC extern Jordan Withee with David’s owner David Turin serving as Withee’s sous chef for the evening; reservations are by phone (207) 773-4340.
November 18 – Roma Cafe is holding a launch party (12:30 at 767 Congress Street) for Roma Sauce, their new line of fresh pasta, sauces, Italian delicacies and pasta kits.
Thanksgiving Resource List – Restaurants, market and other food purveyors are sharing details on the Thanksgiving options. We will be adding them to this list as the information is made public. Drop us a line if you know of a Thanksgiving-themed offering not yet on the list.
- Ancho Honey (Tenants Harbor) – has a variety of sides and complete Thanksgiving meals sized for 2, 4 or 8 people available for preorder; order by the 19th for pick-up on Thanksgiving Day.
- Aubrey Coffee House (South Berwick) – is taking preorders (text 603-534-2004) for their Thanksgiving line-up of desserts.
- Baked Maine/Pottery Cafe – is taking preorders in-person for pies and other baked goods. They’ll have pick-up in Portland and Wells.
- Balboosta (Brunswick) – is taking preorders for Thanksgiving cookies and sides; order by November 16th for pick-up on the 22nd.
- Banh Appetit – has a Thanksgiving menu of appetizers, main courses and dessert.
- Bev’s Cafe (Kennebunk) – is taking preorders until November 19th for a variety of side dishes.
- Big Tree Grocery – the team behind Eventide and Honey Paw has a variety of starters, turkeys, sides and baked goods available for preorder to make your home meal prep a little easier. They have 5 pick-up locations in the Portland area.
- Bistro + Terrace – the restaurant at the Portland Harbor Hotel is serving a Thanksgiving dinner; $85 per person with optional $40 wine pairings.
- Bistro Leluco (South Portland) – is taking preorders by phone (207-536-1690) or in person for whole and half roasted turkeys as well as a range of appetizers, sides and desserts for pick-up on the 22nd and 23rd.
- Chaval – is taking preorders for pumpkin and maple pecan pie, Thanksgiving ricotta pie, bourbon cake, and apple and vanilla bean cheesecake for pick-up on November 22nd.
- Dandelion Catering (Yarmouth) – is taking preorders for turkeys, sides, breads, desserts for pick-up on the 22nd.
- Dizzy Bird – is taking preorders for brined and ready to roast turkeys and for entire meals.
- Feast & Fettle – have a number of entree, side and dessert options for delivery; order deadline November 18th for delivery on November 22nd.
- Fika (Saco) – is taking preorders for pies and other desserts. Order by the 16th for pick-up on the 22nd.
- Five Fifty-Five North (Brunswick) – is serving a 3-course Thanksgiving dinner (menu) for $85 per person; online reservations.
- Hanks (Scarborough) – is taking preorders for turkey, sides and desserts; order deadline on November 12th for pick-up on November 22nd.
- Harraseeket Inn (Freeport) – will have three seatings for their Thanksgiving Day grand buffet (menu); $165 per person, $65 per for kids 6 to 12, call for reservations (207) 865-9377.
- Lake & Co. (Yarmouth) – has a variety of turkeys, sides and desserts as well as a full dinner for two available for preorder. The order deadline is November 14th for pick-up or delivery on November 22nd or 23rd.
- Maggie Mae’s (Yarmouth) – is taking preorders for sides (deadline November 15th) and pies (deadline November 14th) for Thanksgiving.
- Magno Terrace (Yarmouth) – will start taking orders this weekend for sides available to pick-up in Yarmouth and South Portland.
- MK Kitchen (Gorham) – will be serving a 3-course Thanksgiving Dinner (menu); reservations can be made on OpenTable.
- Natalie’s (Camden) – will be serving a 5-course Thanksgiving dinner for $147 per person with optional wine pairings for $93.
- Night Moves (South Portland) – is taking preorders for breads and other baked goods for pick-up on the 21st or 22nd of November.
- Nina June (Rockport) – is taking preorders for their Everything but the Bird takeout menu of appetizers, sides, salads, desserts and drinks for pick-up on November 22nd.
- The Norumbega (Camden) – is serving a 4-course Thanksgiving dinner with seatings at 2 and 5 pm for $95 per person. Call (207) 236-4646.
- Orchard Ridge Farm (Gorham) – is taking preorders for turkeys, ducks and ham.
- Ore Nell’s (Biddeford) – is offering a full Thanksgiving Meal that feeds 6-8 for $165.99 plus tax. SOLD OUT.
- Other Side Diner – is taking pre-orders in-person or by phone (207-772-0002) for mezze platters, breads and sides. They’re located at 500 Washington Ave.
- Parlor Ice Cream – is taking preorders for a sweet potato ice cream pie or a salty malty pretzel pie for pick-up on November 19th.
- Pat’s Meat Market – has a selection of meats available including turkeys, prime rib, duck, pork crown roast.
- Pepperell Provisions (Biddeford) – has a full spectrum of turkeys, sides, appetizers and desserts available for preorder. Place your order by November 20 for pick-up on the 22nd.
- Rosemont Market – is taking preorders for turkeys, baked goods, prepared dishes and more; place your order by the 17th for pick-up on the 21st or 22nd.
- Salt Yard – at the Canopy Hotel will be serving a Thanksgiving buffet, $59 per adult and $36 per child. Reservations can be made on Resy.com.
- Salt and Pepper (Damariscotta) – is taking preorders for plant-based Thanksgiving dinners and other dishes. Pick-up in Portland on the day before Thanksgiving is available.
- Saltwater Grille (South Portland) – will be serving a Thanksgiving buffet with seatings at 11:30, 1:30, 3:30, and 5:30; $75/ per adult, $35 per kids 6-12, free of children 5 and under.
- Scapes Cafe (Mount Vernon) – is taking preorders for cheesecake, tortes, pies, cannolis, turkey confit and some vegan and gluten-free options; order deadline is on the 19th.
- Scratch Baking (South Portland) – is taking preorders for rolls, pies, cakes and quiche for pick-up on November 22nd.
- Sea Glass (Cape Elizabeth) – the restaurant at the Inn by the Sea is serving a Thanksgiving dinner ($85/adult, $32/children 4-12yo), and also has a Thanksgiving dinner to go sized to serve 6-8 people for $275 plus tax & 18% gratuity (order deadline November 16th).
- Shay’s Grill Pub – is taking pre-orders for some table condiments and desserts for pick-up on November 21st or 22nd.
- Standard Baking – is taking preorders for baked goods and breads for pick-up on the day before Thanksgiving; order deadline is November 17th.
- Sticky Sweet – is taking preorders for a pair of Thanksgiving vegan and gluten-free pies for pick-up on the 21st or 22nd.
- Tandem Coffee + Bakery – is taking preorders for pies, scones, biscuits, cookies and other baked goods; order by November 17th for pick-up on on the 21st or 22nd.
- Three Dollar Deweys – is serving a Thanksgiving dinner for $35 per person.
- Treats (Wiscasset) – is taking preorders for a variety of pies and baked goods; order by the 19th for pick-up on the 23rd.
- Twelve – is taking preorders for pies to pick-up on the 21st and 22nd.
- Two Fat Cats – has pies, cakes and other baked goods available to preorder for Thanksgiving; orders musts be in 48 hours before pick-up. Available from both their Portland and South Portland locations.
- Ugly Duckling – is taking preorders for pumpkin and maple pecan pie, Thanksgiving ricotta pie, bourbon cake, and apple and vanilla bean cheesecake for pick-up on November 22nd.
- Union – is taking preorders for a Thanksgiving dinner for two; order deadline on the 18th for pick-up on the 21st or 22nd.
- Union Wharf Market – is taking preorders for entire dinners, turkeys, gravy and other dishes for your Thanksgiving meal. Order by November 17th for pick-up on November 22nd.
- Vina Ann’s – is taking preorders for Thanksgiving desserts; order by the 18th for pick-up on the 22nd.
- Vy Banh Mi – is taking preorder for a variety of dishes and a full Vietnamese meal serving 5-7; Pick-up in on November 23rd. Call/text 207-206-9662, DM them on instagram or email email@example.com to place your order.
- Wayside Tavern – is serving a 4-course family-style Thanksgiving Feast for $90/person with optional wine pairings for $55; ticketed reservations available online.
- Wine Wise – has put together a selection of 6 wines recommended by six local wine distributors. Place your order for box of wines for home delivery.
- Yardie Ting – is taking preorder for Thanksgiving meals and sides; order by the 20th for pick-up on Thanksgiving Day.
- COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Dandelion Catering – is holding their Thanksgiving dinner giveaway for the 9th year and are asking for your help in identifying families in need.
- The Good Shepherd Food Bank plays an integral role in distributing food during Thanksgiving and all year round in Maine. See their website for information where to find food through their partner agencies in Maine or to make a donation.
- Wayside Food Programs is producing 400 Thanksgiving meals to go, and 50 boxes that contain the ingredients to prepare a Thanksgiving dinner at home (frozen turkey, a pie, squash, potatoes, butter, green beans, cream of mushroom soup, cranberry sauce, stuffing & gravy). Anyone interested in one of the meals or Thanksgiving dinner boxes can call (207) 775-4939 to register for one by November 13th. The meals will be delivered to three different locations and the boxes will be distributed on November 21st. Call Wayside at (207) 775-4939 for all the details.
November 30 – deadline for the public and industry professionals to submit recommendations to the James Beard Foundation to consideration for the 2024 Awards program.
December 7 – Secret Supper is holding a (sold out) holiday dinner in the Portland area.
June 26 – Secret Supper (instagram) is holding a dinner in the Portland area.