Thursday – The Maker’s Galley is teaching a mushroom-focused cooking class, The Yard is hold a pre-Valentine’s Day Dueling Pianos event, Evo is holding a dinner in support of the Dempsey Center with seatings at 5:30 or 7:45, and there will be a gluten-free tasting event at Apres.
Sunday – Great Wave Sushi is teaching a sushi cooking class.
Valentine’s Day – this list continues to grow as restaurants announce their plans.
- Apres – raw bar operated by the Lady Shuckers and live music.
- Black Tie – a Valentine’s take-out menu for two; order by February 8th.
- BlueFin – is serving a menu of “featured Valentine’s Day cocktails”.
- Blue Spoon – will have some Valentine’s Day specials along with their regular menu.
- Bravo Maine – is holding a French Bistro cooking class.
- Brickyard Hollow – 4-couse menu with complimentary prosecco toast during dessert.
- Broken Arrow – a 4-course tasting menu with optional pairings.
- Butter and Kale – 4-course meals for 2; both vegan ($185) and omnivore ($195) options are available.
- Cellardoor Winery – “Valentine’s Flight features six wines for $25 a person; every two flights purchased includes a sharable charcuterie board.”
- Chaval – will be serving a special Valentine’s Day menu, details are still TBD.
- Elda – Valentine’s Day tasting menu; $125 per person.
- Evo Kitchen + Bar – a 6-course dinner for $120 per person, also available for takeout.
- Fork Food Lab – a Valentine’s Day collaboration between Lady Shuckers and Galatic Hobo Sauce featuring Maine-grown oysters from two women-owned farms.
- Gelato Fiasco – take-home sundae kits for Valentine’s Day which include two hand-packed pints, two brownies and the choice of Valentine-themed toppings and Valentine’s sprinkles.
- Isa Bistro – 3-course dinner for $75 per person.
- Knotted Apron – 4-course prix fixe dinner; $79 per person.
- Lake & Co – “romantic ready to reheat dinner and dessert for pick up or delivery” on Saturday the 12th; order deadline on the 8th.
- Maria’s – pre-order takeout dinner for pick-up on the 12th or 13th, and open on the 14th.
- Rosemont – has a Valentine’s Day pre-order menu.
- Ruby’s West End – 3-course dinner with vegan and non-vegan options, and optional wine pairings; available February 11 – 14.
- Stroudwater Distilling – 3-course meal and “comedy line up features Mike Gray, with Ray Harrington headlining, and Ian MacDonald hosting”.
- The Maker’s Galley – 4-course prix fixe dinner.
- Tiny Feats Confections – Chocolate Raspberry Tortes available for pre-order.
- Top of the East – a 3-course take-out dinner; order by February 11th.
- Vena’s Fizz House – a Valentine’s Day mixology class.
- Verbena’s – will be serving a Valentine’s weekend menu featuring the flavors of Southeast Asia.
- Wine Wise – a Black Truffle Wine Dinner for two in collaboration with Chaval; $250, delivery included.
- Yardie Ting – will be serving a surf and turf dinner for two at the Public Market House; $80 for a couple.
- Other Restaurants – some restaurants may also be open serving their usual menu, check in with your favorite spots to find out if they are open Monday the 14th.
- Chocolate shops and bakeries – check in with your favorite chocolate shops and bakeries to find what Valentine’s Day special candies and baked goods they may have available.
February 17 – The Porthole is holding a wine dinner.
February 24 – Judy Gibson is holding a Portuguese wine dinner.
March 1 – 12 – Maine Restaurant Week.
March 5 – the launch party for Absolem Cider from Winthrop Maine is taking place at Anoche on Washington Ave.
March 29 – Maine’s newest cidery the Absolem Cider Company and Oxbow Brewing will collaborating on a beer/cider dinner at the Oxbow Beer Garden in Oxford.
April 9 – the Beard With(out) Bears festival will be taking place.
June 13 – 19 – the 5th Annual Portland Wine Week will be taking place.