Under Construction: Sagamore Hill

Construction has begun on Sagamore Hill (website, instagram) the new cocktail bar located at 150 Park Street in the lobby of the former Lafayette Hotel building. As you might have guessed from the name of the bar, the owners are fans of Teddy Roosevelt, and the nation’s 26th president is a touchstone for the design and cocktail menu.

Sagamore will seat 96 overall, including sidewalk seating for 38 during the warmer months. Kaplan Thompson are the architects and Burnham & Lobozzo the contractors. Might & Main has been hired to handle branding and design.

Owners Ryan Deskins and Michael Savona are aiming to open Sagamore this May.

3 comments on “Under Construction: Sagamore Hill

  1. It’s noteworthy that the word Sagamore is Algonquin for chieftain. In 1925 Margaret Vanderbilt gave her son Alfred a 750+ acre farm in Baltimore County Maryland and it became famous for breeding wining race horses.
    Today Sagamore Farm is owned by Kevin Plank, who is CEO of Under Armor and the developer of it’s original product. As a side venture, he is establishing a line of craft distilled liquors – the first product to hit the shelves is Sagamore Rye. The Lafayette bard should work out a deal to introduce Sagamore products in new England.

  2. Ed is correct. Sagamore Distillers have whiskies now available in Maine. We just received the product at RSVP Discount Beverage. Look them up. Great story!

Comments are closed.