Under Construction: Roma Cafe

Anders Tallberg, Mike Fraser, and Guy Streitburger have leased 769 Congress Street where they plan to reopen the Roma Cafe (facebook, website) as a “full boat, Italian American restaurant” with a “mostly Italian wine list and classic cocktails” in August.

The original Roma Cafe was founded by Dominic Marino at 489 Congress Street in 1924 and moved to 769 Congress in 1935. The restaurant remained in the Marino family until 1985 when it was bought by Peter Landrigan. The restaurant closed sometime in the early 2000’s.