Valentine’s Day — Many restaurants that would usually be closed on Monday are staying open tonight. If you’re still stumped on where to go read through all the advice from the Portland food blogging community. Also several have announced special menus for tonight:
- Bar Lola — 5-course dinner, $45 per person.
- Bresca — 3-course dessert menu for $18 per person
- David’s — 5-course dinner
- East Ender — 4-course dinner, $30 per person.
- Five Fifty-Five — 4-course dinner, $75 per person or a 3-course menu at the bar for $60 per person
- Grace — 7-course dinner
- Havana South — 4-course dinner, $49 per person
- Miyake — 3-course dinner for $38 per person, 5 courses for $50, or 7 courses for $75
- Novare Res — beer and chocolate pairing menu.
- Season’s Grille — 4-course dinner, $55 per couple
- The Frog and Turtle — 3-course dinner, $40 per person
- The Inn on Peaks Island — 3-course dinner, $55 per couple
- The Salt Exchange — serving a special Valentine’s Day menu
- Vignola — 4-course dinner, $44 per person
Wednesday — Bresca is holding a sparkling wine dinner, Black Tie Bistro is teaching a cooking class, Havana South is hosting their monthly wine club event and Sebago Brewing’s Full Moon Cask Beer Night is taking place at their brew pub in Scarborough.
Thursday — Black Tie is holding a wine tasting and Sunday River Brewing is the focus of the weekly beer showcase at The Great Lost Bear.
Saturday — a series of chef-led cooking demonstrations are on the schedule for the Maine Home, Remodeling and Garden Show, and the Winter Farmers Market is taking place.
Sunday — the next 20/20 wine charity event is being held at the East Ender, mushroom expert and author David Spahr will be giving delivering a lecture at the Urban Farm Fermentory, and the 2nd day of chef-led cooking demonstrations are on the schedule are taking place at the Maine Home, Remodeling and Garden Show.
JBF Semi-Finalists — If the past few years are any guide then this is the week that the James Beard Foundation will announce the semi-finalist nominees for this year’s JBF Awards. I’ll post info on any Maine semi-finalists once they’re announced.
Maine Foodie Tours — Maine Foodie Tours continues to operate their Old Port culinary walking tour each Saturday during the Winter months.
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.