Monday — Rosemont and Tandem are collaborating on a tasting event featuring wine from Roussillon.
Tuesday — the monthly local foods networking breakfast is taking place at Local Sprouts.
Thursday — a wine and cheese tasting is taking place at the Public Market House.
Friday — Maine Craft Distilling is hosting a tasting party, and Allagash will be releasing their latest beer, Tiarna.
Saturday — Piccolo and Dandelion Spring Farms are collaborating on a Farm to City craft fair; Piccolo will be serving pastries and hot chocolate. There will be a wine tasting at Rosemont on Brighton, and the Winter Farmers Market is taking place at the Urban Farm Fermenntory on Anderson Street.
New Year’s Eve List
Restaurants are beginning to announce their plans for New Year’s Eve. Here’s a list of ones I have details for so far. I’ll be expanding the list as more information becomes public. (Restaurant owners: please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org or post a comment below.)
- Back Bay Grill, 4-course dinner for $96 per person
- BiBo’s Madd Apple Cafe, 3-course dinner, $50 per person
- Boone’s is throwing a party with a band, cocktail luges, ice sculptures and balloon drop. 5-course prixe fixe dinner is $85 per person with optional pairings available. More info.
- David’s Opus Ten, 9-course dinner with wine pairings is $150 per person.
- East Ender, 4-course dinner for $65 per person.
- El Rayo, 4-course dinner for $38 per person.
- Empire Chinese Kitchen, serving the standard menu.
- Eventide, will be throwing a party, a $25 ticket will get you “$1 oysters and a steady supply of your favorite menu items for snacking (lobster rolls and oyster buns included)”
- Five Fifty-Five, 5-course dinner in the restaurant for $100 per person
- Gather, serving a special NYE’s menu
- Grace will be serving their regular dinner menu. A cover charge of $10 (which funds the Good Shepherd Food Bank) will get you into the late night party which comes with complementary champagne toast at midnight.
- Hugo’s, 5-course dinner, $120 with optional wine pairings for $75
- Hunt & Alpine Club, will be serving “special food and cocktail menus. Included will be options for multiple punches, bottled cocktails and Champagne”. They’ll be taking reservation up to 10pm and staying open until 2am.
- Miyake, will be serving a special 5-course omakase in addition to their usual menu
- Oscar’s New American, 4-course dinner for $75 per person with optional wine pairings for $45
- Outliers Eatery, 7-course dinner
- Pai Men Miyake will be “tapping a couple of special kegs and have an extensive specials selection in addition to the regular menu”
- Petite Jacqueline, 3-course dinner for $65 per person, there are also optional wine and champagne pairings
- Piccolo, 5-course dinner with a glass of sparkling wine, $85 per person
- Schulte & Herr, will be open 5-9pm
- Sea Glass at Inn by the Sea, 4-course menu, $85 per person with optional wine pairing for $30
- Spread, will be open, details still TBD
- The Frog & Turtle, 2 seatings (4:30-7:30, 8-12:30) at $40 and $65 per person
- The Good Table, will be serving a special New Year’s Eve menu
- The Salt Exchange, 4-course dinner, $65 per person
- Twenty Milk Street
- Vignola will be serving a speecial NYE menu, $55 per person
- Vinland, “tasting menu with a glass of bubbly for $75, plus four paired wines for another $25”. Email email@example.com for reservations.
- Zackery’s, room and dinner package starting at $119 plus tax
- Zapoteca, 5-course preview of dinner the chef will serve at the James Beard House, $50 per person with optional wine/tequila pairings for $25.
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.