Thursday — there will be a wine tastings at Rosemont on Brighton Aurora Provisions and The Corner General Store (115 Middle St), and a beer and cheese tasting at the Public Market House.
Friday —Ned Swain from Devenish will be leading a Valentine’s wine tasting at Rosemont on Commercial St, and Viennese wine importer Carlo Huber will be the guest speaker at an Austrian wine event.
Saturday — there will be a wine tasting at LeRoux Kitchen, and the Winter Farmers’ Market is taking place.
Valentine’s Day — times running out to make plans for your Valentine’s Day date. Here’s a selection of dinners and other V-Day events for you to choose from.
- Allagash, Beer Hearts Chocolate beer and chocolate tasting, $15 per person.
- Artemisa Cafe, 4-course dinner, $65 per person.
- Bao Bao, 5-course dinner, $48 per couple.
- Black Dinah will be opening a pop-up shop at their new space in Westbrook (869 Main St) on February 13 and 14, noon – 6 pm.
- Boone’s, choose between an all-lobster 4-course dinner for $114 per couple, or a 4-course menu with a variety of options for $55 per person.
- Bramhall will be serving a special menu.
- Congress Squared, special menu served on both the 13th and 14th.
- David’s Opus Ten, 9-course dinner with wine pairings for $150 per person.
- Elsmere BBQ, 4-course, $50 per person.
- Five Fifty-Five, 4-course dinner for $75 per person; with optional pairings and supplements.
- Gelato Fiasco, serving a case of special Valentine’s flavored gelato and sorbetto, February 13-15.
- Hella Good Tacos, 2-course dinner, $30 per couple.
- Hunt and Alpince Club will be holding an all-night Allen’s Coffee Brandy happy hour.
- Novare Res is teaming up with La Crème Chocolat to serve beer and chocolate pairings on the 13th and 14th.
- Petite Jacqueline, 3-course menu for $65 per person; optional wine pairings available.
- Piccolo, 5-course dinner and a glass of rose prosecco, $75 per person; optional wine pairings available.
- Rising Tide, on the 13th Rising Tide Brewing will be releasing Nuit D’Hiver, a “limited rum barrel aged version of D’Hiver, our dark rye saison with winter spices and sweet orange peel” along with D’Hiver, 2013 Cellared D’Hiver, Nuit D’Hiver on tap and chocolates truffles from La Crème Chocolat.
- Sur Lie, serving their regular menu and a special chef’s tasting menu for $65 per person.
- Unwined, a bottle of rose or sparkling wine, a dessert to split and chocolate covered strawberries, $39.95 per couple.
- Verbena is offering a 3-course meal you can bringg home for $65 per person.
- Vinland has a number of options including a 10-course dinner for 4 for $300.
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.