Monday — Rosemont on Brighton is holding a wine tasting.
Tuesday — Rosemont on Commercial is holding a wine tasting.
Wednesday — The Farm Stand in South Portland is holding a pre-New Year’s Eve sparkling wine tasting.
New Year’s Eve — restaurants have been announcing their New Year’s Eve plans:
- Artemisia Cafe, 4-course dinner for $65 per person
- Back Bay Grill, 4-course dinner, $96 per person
- Bao Bao Dumpling House is holding a Chinese street food party starting at 10pm, “$28 buys you a glass a bubbles and passed bites all night”.
- BiBo’s Madd Apple Cafe, 3-course dinner, $50 per person. Reserve Online
- Boone’s, 5-course dinner, $85/$110 per person. Boone’s NYE charity gala is raising money for Share Our Strength to fight hunger in Maine.
- Bruno’s is throwing a New Year’s Eve party.
- Central Provisions is throwing a party. The $100 ticket comes with a “welcome punch, passed hors d’oeuvres, 2 drink tickets and a midnight toast.
- Congress Squared, is serving a special NYE dinner menu, Reserve Online
- Ebb & Flow is serving their regular menu “plus lots of specials” and will be “giving out free bubbles to everyone to ring in 2015”.
- Eventide, will be throwing a party, $50 per person
- Five Fifty-Five, 5-course dinner in the restaurant for $100 per person with optional wine pairings and truffle, caviar, and oyster supplements. Five Fifty-Five is also planning a champagne and caviar lounge in their private dinning room for $50 per person. Reserve Online
- Grace will be serving their regular dinner menu. A cover charge of $20 (which funds the Good Shepherd Food Bank) will get you into the late night party which comes with complementary champagne toast. Reserve Online
- Hunt + Alpine Club is serving a special menu of “bubbly cocktails” and NYE snacks.
- In’finiti is holding a NYE event serving a special snack menu and beer toast at midnight
- Little Tap House, 4-course dinner with beer pairings, $55 per person
- MJ’s Wine Bar “will be offering 9 different sparkling wines by the glass this year. All at either $6 or $10 a glass”.
- Outliers Eatery, 5-course dinner, $75 per person with optional wine pairings. Reserve Online
- Petite Jacqueline, 3-course dinner for $70 per person, there are also optional truffle, caviar, oyster and foie gras supplements. Reserve Online
- Piccolo, 8-course tasting menu with a glass of prosecco, $110 per person. Reserve Online
- Sea Glass at Inn by the Sea, 4-course menu, $85 per person with optional wine pairing for $30. Reserve Online
- Sonny’s is throwing a New Year’s Eve party. Reserve Online
- The Frog & Turtle, 4-course dinner $65 per person
- The King’s Head, dinner and 2 beers, $35 per person
- The Merry Table, 3-course dinner, #34.95 per person. Reserve Online
- Vinland, 5-course/5-snack tasting menu, $90 per person. Reserve Online
- Zapoteca, 5-course dinner, $70 per person with optional tequila tasting for $25. Reserve Online
Thursday — Petite Jacqueline and Artemisia Cafe are serving a New Year’s day brunch
Friday — the West End Deli is holding a wine tasting.
Saturday — Leroux Kitchen is holding a wine tasting, and the Winter Farmers’ Market is taking place at the Urban Farm Fermentory.
Sunday — the 5th Annual Great Paella Fest is scheduled to take place at Local 188.
For more information on these and other upcoming food happenings in the area, visit the event calendar.
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.