Monday – Lager Dog will be at Oxbow for a second day of a 2-day pop-up.
Tuesday – Turamali is holding a (sold out) dinner at Evo.
Wednesday – Lars Taylor from The Honey Paw is Wednesday’s guest chef at the Duckfat Friteshack Grill, and the weekday Deering Oaks Farmers’ Market is taking place.
Thursday – Renown apple expert John Bunker will be giving a talk online about the Maine Heritage Orchard.
Friday – Byers & Sons is holding a dinner on Long Island.
Saturday – the weekend Deering Oaks Farmers’ Market is taking place.
Sunday – Ben Jackson is Sunday’s guest chef at the Duckfat Friteshack Grill.
Thanksgiving – I’ve started getting requests for a list of which restaurants are doing in person or takeout Thanksgiving dinners. So I’ll be keeping a running list and reposting it each Monday as part of this event summary. Chefs: email me with details on your plans at email@example.com.
- Botto’s Bakery – has some Thanksgiving breads and desserts which you can order online. Deadlines: for breads November 24th, for pastry November 21st.
- Figgy’s – has “everything but the bird” 10 side dishes for pick-up on November 24th or 25th. Orders must be in by November 20th.
- Lake & Co. – will be offering “a Thanksgiving dinner for 2 for $65 as well as a la carte offerings of roasted turkey breast, mashed chive buttermilk potatoes, two potato gratin, green bean casserole with shiitake and crispy shallot, brussels with bacon, crispy fennel and apple salad, coconut-garlic delicata, gravy and cranberry clementine sauce. Plus 6 pie varieties, biscuits, breads and appetizers.” Along with options for ordering whole birds to cook at home, and home delivery. The deadline for for ordering a meal is Friday, November 20th.
- Little Giant – a takeout dinner for four, with 6 sides and 3 dessert, $260. Included in the purchase is four meals for those in need via Cooking for Community. Orderes must be in by November 22nd.
- Other Side Delicatessen – has available has turkey and a range of sides and desserts to make your home dinner easier. Order must be in by November 16th.
- Petite Jacqueline – will be serving a “3 course menu with options, wine pairings, sides, etc. Some traditional offerings and some untraditional ideas.” Reservations recommended.
- The Harraseeket Inn – will be serving a “reverse buffet” Thanksgiving dinner. They will also have some Thanksgiving dinner specials that can be ordered to go.
- Two Fat Cats – has started taking pre-orders. Orders must be in by November 19th.
- Union – will have a Thanksgiving takeout dinner available for pick-up on Wednesday, and will be serving a 3-course dinner on Thanksgiving Day.
For more information on these and other upcoming food happenings in the area, visit the event calendar.
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.