Wednesday — RSVP is holding a wine tasting.
Thursday — Sweet Marguerites will be at Whole Foods for a chocolate tasting, and in honor off Valentine’s Day Red Ales will be the focus of the weekly beer showcase at The Great Lost Bear.
Friday — Maria’s Ristorante is having a 4-course wine dinner as a benefit for the Cathedral School.
Saturday — the Winter Farmers Market is taking place, the Public Market House is the subject of a joycott, there will be a wine and chocolate open house at Good Eats Boutique. Bresca, Capt Perry’s Cafe on Long Island and the Sea Glass restaurant are all offering early Valentine’s Day dinners, Wine Wise is teaching a class on French Reds, and Novare Res is teaming up with Sweet Marguerites to offer a set of chocolate and beer pairings.
Saturday — Caitlin Hunter from Appleton Creamery will be teaching a cheese making class at the Public Market House, the beer and chocolate pairings are available for a second day at Novare Res, and the 17th Annual Great Chili and Chowder Challenge is taking place at the Holiday Inn by the Bay.
Valentine’s Day — February 14 is just around the corner. If you’re planning on taking your significant other out for dinner on Valentine’s Day now is the time to call your favorite restaurant for reservations. Valentine’s Day falls on a Monday this year but many restaurants that would usually be closed that night are staying open and several have announced special menus:
- Bar Lola — 5-course dinner, $45 per person.
- Bresca — 3-course dessert menu for $18 per person
- David’s — 5-course dinner
- East Ender — 4-course dinner, $30 per person.
- Five Fifty-Five — 4-course dinner, $75 per person or a 3-course menu at the bar for $60 per person
- Grace — 7-course dinner
- Havana South — 4-course dinner, $49 per person
- Miyake — 3-course dinner for $38 per person, 5 courses for $50, or 7 courses for $75
- Season’s Grille — 4-course dinner, $55 per couple
- The Frog and Turtle — 3-course dinner, $40 per person
- The Inn on Peaks Island — 3-course dinner, $55 per couple
- The Salt Exchange — serving a special Valentine’s Day menu
- Vignola — 4-course dinner, $44 per person
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.