Monday — Otto Pizza is giving out free slices this afternoon at their location in the Arts District.
Tuesday — a local foods networking breakfast at Local Sprouts.
Wednesday — a wine tasting is taking place at Downeast Beverage.
Thursday — The Great Lost Bear will be featuring 12 Christmas beers, and there will be wine tasting sat Aurora Provisions and at the Public Market House.
Friday — there will be wine tastings at Rosemont on Brighton.
Saturday — Cinque Terre is holding a traditional Italian Feast of the Seven Fishes Christmas Eve dinner, and the Winter Farmers Market is taking place.
Sunday — Christmas Day.
New Year’s Eve
Here’s a list of restaurants that will be open on New Year’s Eve. Many in the list are planning special prix fixe dinners and a few will be open with their standard menu. If you know of any other options, post a comment with the details and I’ll add them to the list.
Everyone and their cousin wants to go out on New Year’s Eve so reservations are essential. I’d recommend you call soon before all the good spots get booked up.
- Back Bay Grill, $85 4-course dinner
- Bar Lola, $55 7-course dinner
- Bibo’s Madd Apple Cafe, $45 3-course dinner, there are 5-6 options to choose from for each course
- Bresca, $85 5-course traditional Hong Kong New Years menu on both December 30th and 31st
- Caiola’s will be serving their standard menu augmented with some special New Year’s Eve items
- David’s, will be open and serving the regular menu plus some specials
- David’s 388, your choice of 2 different prix fixe options
- East Ender, will be open with their standard menu
- Figa, $85 4-course dinner with complimentary glass of champagne
- Five Fifty-Five, $60 3-course dinner in the bar, $90 5-course dinner in the restaurant (see menus)
- Grace, $70 4-course menu
- Havana South, $55 dinner with optional wine pairings
- Hugo’s, $95 5-course prix fixe dinner
- Local 188, prix fixe dinner, call for details
- Local Sprouts is holding a New Year’s Eve Bash serving their standard menu
- Old Port Sea Grill will be open serving their usual menu
- Paciarino, will be open
- Pai Men Miyake, $35 3-course dinner with your choice of appetizer, ramen and dessert
- Petite Jacqueline, $65 4-course dinner
- Ribollita will be open offering there standard menu plus some specials
- Sea Glass, $65 4-course menu
- Sea Grass Bistro, $65 4-course dinner
- Season’s Grille, $20 cover charge for the band and $18.95 for the buffet
- Sonny’s, prix fixe dinner, call for details
- The Farmer’s Table will be open with a special New Year’s Eve menu
- The Frog and Turtle, $35 for 3 courses,$75 for 5 courses
- The Salt Exchange, $65 4-course dinner with glass of sparkling wine or cider
- Twenty Milk Street, is open serving a special New Year’s Eve menu
- Vignola will be open serving their standard menu
- Zackery’s, has a New Year’s Eve menu and is also offering a room and dinner package for anyone who wants to spend the night at the Fireside Inn
- Zapoteca, $60 5-course dinner with optional wine pairings
For more information on these and other upcoming food happenings in the area, visit the event calendar.
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.
2 comments on “This Week’s Events: Free Pizza, Feast of the 7 Fishes, Expanded New Year’s Eve List”
That’s great. New year’s eve is easy.. How about restaurants open on Christmas day ! jews go to a movie and then want a good place to eat.. What’s a foodie to do ?? any suggestions ??
That is a tough one. None of the usual suspects is open on Christmas day. Perhaps your fellow PFM readers can suggest some options.