The Press Herald has published an overview of the new crop of restaurants set to launch in Portland in this spring and summer. Specifically featured in the article:
- 66S – an Asian fusion restaurant on Fore Street
- Chaval – a French and Spanish restaurant opening in the former Caiola’s space
- Cheevitdee – a health focused Thai restaurant in the Old Port
- Cong Tu Bot – a Vietnamese noodle restaurant on Washington Ave
- Noble BBQ – a brick and mortar restaurant from moobile vendor Fire & Co.
- North 43 – the South Portland restaurant replacing Joe’s Boathouse
- Old Port Lobster Shack – a seafood restaurant on Fore Street
- Yobo – a Korean restaurant opening in the former Madd Apple Cafe space on Forest Ave
Several other new businesses including Blyth & Burrows, Bujabelle, Chad Conley’s new business on Forest Ave, Island Creek Oysters, Little Giant, Lio and Mami are also mentioned.
There are a number of other food businesses in various stages of development, see the Under Construction page for a full list.