The May edition of Pocket Brunch took place Sunday afternoon at Caswell Farm in Gray. Oaxacan guest chef Max Mejia and the Pocket Brunch crew put together an 8-course Cinco de Mayo backyard fair. As usual, the Bearded Lady and Tandem Coffee were providing cocktails and coffee for the event.
Here’s the menu:
- Shrimp – pickled shrimp with Mexican cocktail sauce and crispy ramps
- Ceviche – weakfish, tomato, jalepeno, cilantro and onion.
- Sopes – sopes, pork belly, quesa seco and peanuts
- Gazpacho – pineapple, mango, orange, jicama and habenero ice
- Esquite – corn, lime mayo, cheese, fried corn silk
- Chilaquiles – tortilla, chorizo, potato, sour cream, chile sauce and fried egg (shown below)
- Carmes – a choice of chicken confit and mole sauce or pork country ribs and pumpkin seed sauce
- Dessert – arroz con leche with blood orange sorbet and saffron salt
David Zwickerhill has published a set of photos from the event.