The list of semi-final nominees for the 2015 James Beard Foundation awards were released today. The 10 Maine-based semi-finalists are:
- Best New Restaurant – Central Provisions
- Best Chef: Northeast – Andrew Taylor and Mike Wiley, Eventide Oyster Company; Masa Miyake, Miyake; Ravin Nakjaroen, Long Grain and Brian Hill, Francine Bistro
- Wine, Beer or Spirits Professional – Rob Tod, Allagash Brewing Co.
- Outstanding Baker – Alison Pray, Standard Baking
- Outstanding Bar Program – Portland Hunt + Alpine Club
- Outstanding Restaurant – Fore Street
- Rising Star of the Year – Cara Stadler, Tao Yuan
The names released today are on the so-called ‘long list’. The final list of nominees (the ‘short list’) will be out in March 24th and the awards ceremony will take place May 4th. In a change of pace, the awards ceremony will take place in Chicago this year instead of NYC—a way for the Foundation to emphasize the national nature of the awards and of its mission.