This seems to be the year when the landscape of Italian restaurants seem to be in flux. For those of you trying to keep track, here’s what’s happened so far:
- Vignola/Cinque Terre closed on May 12th
- Espo’s is closing in mid-October
- Maria’s has sold their Cumberland Ave building and will be reopening in Espo’s building on Congress Street with a target opening date in December
- Ada’s Kitchen from Rockland is opening a Portland outpost near Longfellow Square
- Jake and Raquel Stevens have leased space on Free Street where they are opening an Italian restaurant called Leeward.
- Osteria Radici (website, facebook, instagram) owners Randy and Ally Forrester are moving their restaurant from Allentown to Portland, Maine.
- JP’s Bistro is closing their restaurant on Woodford Street on October 12th and reopening in Falmouth later this year.
There are still 3 months left in the year so who knows what other news may emerge.