Sur Lie and the Maine chapter of the American Sommelier Association are holding a Food & Wine Discovery Series early next year. Each session will consist of a guided tasting through 8 wines (4 flights of two each) with a dish created by Chef Emile Rivera for each flight.
Three sessions are scheduled so far:
- January 7 – Sparkling Wines of the World
- February 11 – The World of Sherry
- March 10 – Organic, Biodynamic & Sustainable Wines
Tickets are $45 and are on sale at Sur Lie.
The draft wine list for January session include:
- Castellroig Brut Nature Reserva Cava, Catalonia, Spain
- Villa Di Corlo “Corleto” Lambrusco, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
- Caneva Da Nani “Col Fondo” Prosecco, Veneto, Italy
- Avinyo Blanc Vi d’ Agulla-Petillant, Penedes, Spain
- Domaine Des Terres Blanches Ancestral Rouge, Loire, France
- Chateau De Lavernette Reserve De Lavernette Granit Brut Nature, Burgundy, France
- Pierre Moncuit Blanc de Blancs Brut, Champagne, France
- Corte Bianca Extra Brut, Franciacorta DOCG, Italy
- Steininger Cabernet Sauvignon Rose, Kamptal, Austria