A growing number of local food businesses are signing on for Feeding the Frontline—a program that enlists the public to enable restaurants to provide free meals to healthcare providers, first responders and other groups impacted by and assisting with the current crisis.
Here’s a list of participating organizations:
- Woodford F&B – got the ball rolling on FTF in Portland when they started delivering their delicious cheeseburger. Use their online form to contribute.
- Batson River – will be delivering pizzas as part of their Feeding the Frontline program. They’re in the process of setting “Donate a Pie” option on their website.
- Coffee by Design – has set-up up their Feeding the Frontline program through their Coffee By Design Cares initiative which will deliver brewed coffee and partnering with Bam Bam Bakery to offer gluten-free treats. Use their online order form to support their efforts.
- LB Kitchen – “With your help, we’d like to offer as many lunches as we can per week to the courageous team at the Maine Medical Center Emergency Room and COVID Response Unit.” You can support their efforts online.
- Luke’s Lobster – is delivering lobster roll kits. Call (207) 274-6097 to contribute.
- Noble Pizza – “has partnered with Maine Medical Center in the coming weeks to provide square pies to their well deserved staff. If you would like to help #feedthefront you can buy a pizza ($10) on our online menu under the Feeding the Frontlines Menu Item.
After three weeks of operating Noble Pizza we feel these square pies could be a perfect item to drop for the staff and hope you feel the same!”
- Otto Pizza – is now participating. You can support their efforts by making a contribution online.
- Rivalries – is donating a bowl of soup for every family dinner ordered.
- Rosemont Market – is delivering meal boxes to healthcare works at Maine Medical Center. Fill out the Feed the Frontline section when placing your next order with Rosemont to contribute.
- Solo Italiano – is delivering lasagne. Use their online order form to contribute.
- Union – “Every takeout dinner purchased directly contributes to grab n’ go lunches for Maine Medical personnel that will be provided by UNION. If you order a meal from us, you are also giving a meal to a community member in the front line of this pandemic.”
- Maine Flag Company – the Maine Flag Company is selling a Heart of it All and devoting profits to “help Portland restaurants feed healthcare workers on the front lines of the outbreak”.
For additional information on Feeding the Frontline in Maine, see this article from the Press Herald.
While not associated with Feeding the Frontline, some other businesses are doing what they can to help others. Here are a couple I have heard about recently:
- Botto’s Bakery – has been providing breakfast pastry platters to Seaside Nursing Home in the neighborhood.
- Dear Dairy – is delivering ice cream to healthcare workers ordered by their customers. DM Dear Dairy on instagram to contribute.
- Dizzy Bird – is delivering meals to Southern Maine Healthcare which you can support via their online ordering system.
- Big Tree Hospitality – now through the end of April all gift cards sold for Eventide, Eventide Fenway, Hugo’s and The Honey Paw will be matched with “with donated gift cards to healthcare workers at Maine Med, Beth Israel Hospital in Boston, and Boston Healthcare for the Homeless…In addition, we will be continuing to thank those who are supporting restaurants right now by adding 20% to the value of all $50 – $249 gift card purchases, and 25% to all gift card purchases of $250+. ” Order online.
- Nura – is “partnering with Maine Medical Center to bring Hummus and Falafel to hospital staff in Portland. If you would like to help you can purchase a $10 meal on our online store now under Feeding the Frontlines.”
- Ramona’s – is delivering hoagies to Maine Med emergency department. You can support their effort through their online ordering system.
- Speckled Ax – has a process in place for customers to send bags of coffee to frontline workers.
- The Bird & Company – has been providing free meals to elementary school children.
- Vena’s Fizz House – is donating $1 for each Vena’s Fizz House Spirit Sipper Jar sold to the Maine Health COVID-19 Response Fund.