The January issue of Down East heralds 31 “people, places & dishes not to miss in 2010”. Here’s the list of Portland listings from the article:
- Seafood in the pan from Street & Co (1-4)
- Hot Suppa! (8)
- The BLT at Blue Spoon (9)
- Bob Garver, co-owner of Bard Coffee (11)
- The Corner Room (12)
- The cheese puffs from Hugo’s (14)
- The buttermilk panna cotta from Bresca (17)
- The mac & cheese from Five Fifty-Five (18)
- The Touchable, a cocktail invented by bartender John Myers (19)
- The mashed potato pizza from Otto Pizza (20)
- The mussels at Fore Street (24)
- The farm to table menu at The Farmer’s Table (26)
- Portland’s Dining Scene (31) – a brief look back prior to the current culinary boom at the contributing factors that got Portland restaurant culture to where it is now.
The January issue also includes a Maine Wedding Guide. Leslie Oster from Aurora Provisions and Craig Williams from Churchill Catered Events created the winter and fall wedding menus that appear in the article on wedding eats.