Six new restaurants have recently opened or will soon do so:
- A new takeout restaurant called Asian Combo (facebook) is scheduled to open on October 9th in Biddeford. The restaurant is located at 169 Pool Street. Owner Phiangchay ‘Tui’ Dubois will be serving a menu of Thai, Laotian and Vietnamese food that will include banh mi and boba tea.
- A new banh mi shop called BiddoBanh (instagram) is scheduled to open on October 13th. They’re located at 299 Main Street (bottom right) in Biddeford in the same building as Fish & Whistle and Vickie’s Veggie Table. The menu includes a Banh Mi Lobster Roll (homemade lobster pate, sweet Maine lobster meat, a hint of tangy pickled ginger and topped with fresh chopped scallions).
- A new tea shop (upper left) recently opened in downtown Westbrook. HoneyBoba (instagram) serves a variety of tea-based drinks including matcha lattes and boba teas. HoneyBoba is located at 947 Main Street. The strawberry with black tea and muddled lime and crystal pearl boba was thoroughly enjoyable.
- Jodie’s Cafe and Bakery (facebook, instagram) held the grand opening for their cafe, bakery and restaurant on Friday (bottom left) in Wiscasset. Jodie’s is located at 45 Water Street in the space formerly occupied by Sarah’s. Owner Jodie Roquemore moved to Maine from Georgia and opened the first iteration of Jodie’s in 2022. The breakfast and lunch menus includes standards like pancakes, corned beef hash, burgers, BLT, club sandwich, as well as daily specials and house-made baked goods. Jodie’s is also adding a new dinner service.
- A new restaurant in Bethel called The Watershed (facebook, instagram) held a pre-opening pop-up on Saturday (upper right). They’re in the final stretch towards an opening day in the next couple weeks. The menu will feature house-made pasta, wood-fired pizza as well as kebabs, grain bowls, and salads.
- Yolked Farm to Table (website, instagram) opened on Tuesday in Windham. Nearly all the items on their menu are gluten-free or can be prepared gluten-free. Yolked began as a food truck in 2019 and has now moved into a building at 868 Roosevelt Trail. Reservations are available online.
Check back for updates on more openings. In the meantime see the Under Construction page for details on other businesses under development.