- Jeffrey Morgenthaler, author and bar manager at Clyde Common will be teaching a class on bar technique
- The owners/head bartenders of The Yachtsman, a Philadelphia tiki bar, will be teaching a class on tiki drinks in conjunction with the Portland Spirits Society
- Piccolo will be preparing a Chartreuse dinner
- The local chapter of the US Bartenders Guild will be holding a cocktail competition
- A Daiquiri Time Out bar crawl
The mission of Rum Riots is to “celebrate cocktails, bars and bartenders”. It’s scheduled to take place May 30 – June 1.