The 2023 Portland Wine Week (website, facebook, instagram) is taking place this summer June 12th to 18th at various locations across the city. There are 56 events and weeklong offerings on the calendar—be sure to check out the 33 events in the Women in Wine track.
Listed here are some of the highlights, see below or visit the Portland Wine Week site to see the full list of events.
- A Women in Wine Panel Discussion with Joan Szkutak, Alexis Iaconis, Sheilah McGovern, and Jenn Forge.
- 10+ wine dinners, lunches and brunches at Portland restaurants
- A (sold out) 5-course, 10-sommelier wine dinner that challenges pairs of sommeliers to some friendly competition on who comes up with the best pairing for each dish on the menu.
- A Wine Wise wine sail in Casco Bay featuring wine by women winemakers.
- A history of women in wine and a tasting of wines “iconic wines from various regions across the globe that have been shaped by women” at Grippy Tannins.
- Alexis Iaconis from Brick and Mortar Wines will be leading a wine tasting at Maine & Loire.
- Sommelier Susannah Gleason and florist Morgan Wagner-Holz are collaborating on a wine tasting and floral arranging event at Via Vecchia.
- A Lopez de Heredia wine dinner at Ugly Duckling featuring wines from the 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012 and 2013 vintages.
- An Austrian wine and oyster event at the Maine Oyster Company.
- Numerous other events and weeklong wine pour and food specials at restaurants around Portland.