The James Beard Foundation has announced the nominees for this year’s Beard Awards. 10 semifinalists were from Maine this year, of those 5 are nominees and contenders for an award when the winners are announced in June:
- Best New Restaurant – Leeward
- Outstanding Baker – Atsuko Fujimoto, Norimoto Bakery
- Best Chef: Northeast – Vien Dobui, Công Tử Bột; Courtney Loreg, Woodford Food & Beverage; Damian Sansonetti, Chaval
The award winners will be announced on Monday June 13th at an event taking place in Chicago.
- Maine Award Winners, Nominees and Semifinalists – a complete digest, 2008 – 2022.
- Award and Nomination Process – learn more about the award nominations process.
- James Beard in Portland – James Beard taught several days of cooking classes in Portland in 1964.