The list of semifinalists for the 2020 James Beard Foundation Awards was released today. There are 11 semifinal nominees from Maine:
- Best Chef: Northeast – Vien Dobui, Cong Tu Bot; Devin Finigan, Aragosta at Goose Cove; Erin French, The Lost Kitchen; Ben Jackson, Drifters Wife; Krista Kern Desjarlais, The Purple House; Chad Conley and Greg Mitchell, Palace Diner; Ravin Nakjaroen, Long Grain.
- Outstanding Restaurant – Fore Street
- Outstanding Chef – Melissa Kelly, Primo
- Outstanding Baker – Briana Holt, Tandem Coffee
- Outstanding Bar Program – Novare Res Bier Cafe
The final list of nominees will be released on March 25th, and the awards ceremony will take place on May 4th in Chicago.
- Maine Award Winners, Nominees and Semifinalists – a complete digest, 2008 – 2020.
- Award and Nomination Process – learn more about the award nominations process.
- James Beard in Portland – James Beard taught several days of cooking classes in Portland in 1964.
2 comments on “2020 Beard Awards Semifinalists”
Don’t forget about Waterman’s Beach Lobster!
Thanks for letting me know. I’ve added them to the list of past Maine award winners.