The list of semifinal nominees for the 2019 James Beard Foundation awards were released today. There are 9/10 semifinalist nominees from Maine:
- Best Chef: Northeast – Vien Dobui, Cong Tu Bot; Chad Conley and Greg Mitchell, Palace Diner; Krista Kern Desjarlais, The Purple House; Erin French, The Lost Kitchen; Keiko Suzuki Steinberger, Suzuki’s Sushi Bar.
- Outstanding Restaurant – Fore Street
- Outstanding Baker – Alison Pray, Standard Baking
- Outstanding Wine Beer or Spirits Professional – Rob Tod, Allagash Brewing Co.
- Outstanding Service – Back Bay Grill
The final list of nominees will be released on March 27th, and the awards ceremony will take place on May 6th in Chicago.
- Award and Nomination Process – learn more about the award nominations process.
- James Beard in Portland – James Beard taught several days of cooking classes in Portland in 1964.