The semi-final list of nominees for the 2018 James Beard Foundation awards were released today. There are 11 semifinalist nominees from Maine:
- Best Chef: Northeast – Krista Kern Desjarlais, The Purple House; Vien Dobui, Cong Tu Bot; Erin French, The Lost Kitchen; Ravin Nakjaroen, Long Grain; Keiko Suzuki Steinberger, Suzuki’s Sushi Bar
- Outstanding Restaurant – Chase’s Daily
- Outstanding Baker – Alison Pray, Standard Baking
- Outstanding Chef – Sam Hayward, Fore Street
- Outstanding Service – Back Bay Grill
- Outstanding Pastry Chef – Ilma Lopez, Piccolo
- Rising Star of the Year – Cara Stadler, Tao Yuan
The final list of nominees will be released on March 14th, and the awards ceremony will take place on May 7th in Chicago.
- Award and Nomination Process – learn more about the award nominations process.
- James Beard in Portland – James Beard taught several days of cooking classes in Portland in 1964.