Monday – Ore Nell’s North in Biddeford is holding a 5-course beer dinner.
Tuesday – The new Ten Mothers (instagram) food truck is launching. They’ll be stationed on Washington Ave out in front of the new (and newly launched) Oxbow Brewing tasting room.
Halloween – check with your favorite restaurants and bars for details on what Halloween events they may have planned.
Saturday – The 18th Annual Veg Fest is taking place.
Sunday – Chaval is holding a late harvest dinner at Wolfe’s Neck Center in Freeport.
November 9 – Judy Gibson is serving a 4-course wine dinner featuring wines from Lauren Bonnois. Mrs. Gee Free Living and Gather are collaborating on a gluten-free dinner which will benefit the Lewiston-Auburn Area Response Fund.
November 10-12 – The 6th Annual Downeast Cider + Cheese Festival is taking place in Ellsworth.
November 11 – Dandelion Spring Farm in Bowdoin is teaching a Pies & Sides cooking class for people who want to tune up their cooking skills in time for Thanksgiving.
November 15 – A whiskey and chocolate tasting featuring Liquid Riot and Dean’s Sweets is taking place at Ballast.
November 16 – A 4-course Ukrainian dinner is taking place in Lewiston.
November 18 – Roma Cafe is holding a launch party (12:30 at 767 Congress Street) for Roma Sauce, their new line of fresh pasta, sauces, Italian delicacies and pasta kits.
Thanksgiving Resource List – Restaurants, market and other food purveyors are sharing details on the Thanksgiving options. We will be adding them to this list as the information is made public.
Visit THIS LINK for the most recent edition of the Thanksgiving List.
- Baked Maine/Pottery Cafe – is taking preorders in-person for pies and other baked goods. They’ll have pick-up in Portland and Wells.
- Balboosta (Brunswick) – is taking preorders for Thanksgiving cookies and sides; order by November 16th for pick-up on the 22nd.
- Chaval – is taking preorders for pumpkin and maple pecan pie, Thanksgiving ricotta pie, bourbon cake, and apple and vanilla bean cheesecake for pick-up on November 22nd.
- Feast & Fettle – have a number of entree, side and dessert options for delivery; order deadline November 18th for delivery on November 22nd.
- Fika (Saco) – is taking preorders for pies and other desserts. Order by the 16th for pick-up on the 22nd.
- Five Fifty-Five North (Brunswick) – is serving a 3-course Thanksgiving dinner (menu) for $85 per person; online reservations.
- Hanks (Scarborough) – is taking preorders for turkey, sides and desserts; order deadline on November 12th for pick-up on November 22nd.
- Harraseeket Inn (Freeport) – will have three seatings for their Thanksgiving Day grand buffet (menu); $165 per person, $65 per for kids 6 to 12, call for reservations (207) 865-9377.
- Lake & Co. (Yarmouth) – has a variety of turkeys, sides and desserts as well as a full dinner for two available for preorder. The order deadline is November 14th for pick-up or delivery on November 22nd or 23rd.
- Maggie Mae’s (Yarmouth) – is taking preorders for sides (deadline November 15th) and pies (deadline November 14th) for Thanksgiving.
- Magno Terrace (Yarmouth) – will start taking orders this weekend for sides available to pick-up in Yarmouth and South Portland.
- MK Kitchen (Gorham) – will be serving a 3-course Thanksgiving Dinner (menu); reservations can be made on OpenTable.
- Natalie’s (Camden) – will be serving a 5-course Thanksgiving dinner for $147 per person with optional wine pairings for $93.
- Nina June (Rockport) – is taking preorders for their Everything but the Bird takeout menu of appetizers, sides, salads, desserts and drinks for pick-up on November 22nd.
- The Norumbega (Camden) – is serving a 4-course Thanksgiving dinner with seatings at 2 and 5 pm for $95 per person. Call (207) 236-4646.
- Orchard Ridge Farm (Gorham) – is taking preorders for turkeys, ducks and ham.
- Other Side Diner – is taking pre-orders in-person or by phone (207-772-0002) for mezze platters, breads and sides. They’re located at 500 Washington Ave.
- Pat’s Meat Market – has a selection of meats available including turkeys, prime rib, duck, pork crown roast.
- Rosemont Market – is taking preorders for turkeys, baked goods, prepared dishes and more; place your order by the 17th for pick-up on the 21st or 22nd.
- Salt Yard – at the Canopy Hotel will be serving a Thanksgiving buffet, $59 per adult and $36 per child. Reservations can be made on Resy.com.
- Saltwater Grille (South Portland) – will be serving a Thanksgiving buffet with seatings at 11:30, 1:30, 3:30, and 5:30; $75/ per adult, $35 per kids 6-12, free of children 5 and under.
- Scratch Baking (South Portland) – is taking preorders for rolls, pies, cakes and quiche for pick-up on November 22nd.
- Sea Glass (Cape Elizabeth) – the restaurant at the Inn by the Sea is serving a Thanksgiving dinner ($85/adult, $32/children 4-12yo), and also has a Thanksgiving dinner to go sized to serve 6-8 people for $275 plus tax & 18% gratuity (order deadline November 16th).
- Tandem Coffee + Bakery – is taking preorders for pies, scones, biscuits, cookies and other baked goods; order by November 17th for pick-up on on the 21st or 22nd.
- Twelve – is taking preorders for pies to pick-up on the 21st and 22nd.
- Two Fat Cats – has pies, cakes and other baked goods available to preorder for Thanksgiving; orders musts be in 48 hours before pick-up. Available from both their Portland and South Portland locations.
- Ugly Duckling – is taking preorders for pumpkin and maple pecan pie, Thanksgiving ricotta pie, bourbon cake, and apple and vanilla bean cheesecake for pick-up on November 22nd.
- Union – is taking preorders for a Thanksgiving dinner for two; order deadline on the 18th for pick-up on the 21st or 22nd.
- Union Wharf Market – is taking preorders for entire dinners, turkeys, gravy and other dishes for your Thanksgiving meal. ORder by November 17th for pick-up on November 22nd.
- Vy Banh Mi – is taking preorder for a variety of dishes and a full Vietnamese meal serving 5-7; Pick-up in on November 23rd. Call/text 207-206-9662, DM them on instagram or email firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order.
- Wayside Tavern – is serving a 4-course family-style Thanksgiving Feast for $90/person with optional wine pairings for $55; ticketed reservations available online.
- Wine Wise – has put together a selection of 6 wines recommended by six local wine distributors. Place your order for box of wines for home delivery.
- COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Dandelion Catering – is holding their Thanksgiving dinner giveaway for the 9th year and are asking for your help in identifying families in need.
- The Good Shepherd Food Bank plays an integral role in distributing food during Thanksgiving and all year round in Maine. See their website for information where to find food through their partner agencies in Maine or to make a donation.
November 30 – deadline for the public and industry professionals to submit recommendations to the James Beard Foundation to consideration for the 2024 Awards program.
December 7 – Secret Supper is holding a (sold out) holiday dinner in the Portland area.
June 26 – Secret Supper (instagram) is holding a dinner in the Portland area.