Wednesday – South Portland restaurants Judy Gibson and Lambs will be collaborating on a Burger Night.
Wednesday-Saturday – Harvest on the Harbor is taking place. See their website for tickets to events that celebrate Maine’s distilleries, cheese makers, chocolate makers and oyster farms and for tickets to the Maine Lobster Chef of the Year event.
Thursday – Bar Futo is hosting Roundtable, an event and dinner that “brings together chefs, organizers and neighbors for actionable discussion about social justice, mutual aid and sustainability.” Hardshore Distilling is holding a launch party for their Shorebird bourbon. Apres in East Bayside is holding an heirloom apple tasting.
Saturday – Chefs Tracy Chang from Pagu, Ilma Lopez from the Ugly Duckling and Matt Ginn from Evo are collaboration on a dinner at the Ugly Ducking–sign-up for a Farmers’ Market Tour with the chefs and return in the evening for the dinner. The 18th Annual Veg Fest is taking place. The Maine Tasting Center in Wiscasset is holding an insect dinner with ants, mealworms and crickets on the menu. Liu Bian Tan is holding a lunch pop-up at Norimoto Baking. Roma Cafe is holding a launch party (12:30 at 767 Congress Street) for Roma Sauce, their new line of fresh pasta, sauces, Italian delicacies and pasta kits.
Sunday – The Cheese Shop is kicking off their cheese classroom series with a Cheese 101 class.
October 30 – Ore Nell’s North in Biddeford is holding a 5-course beer dinner.
Halloween – check with your favorite websites and bars for details on what Halloween events they may have on Halloween or the prior weekend.
November 5 – Chaval is holding a late harvest dinner at Wolfe’s Neck Center in Freeport.
November 9 – Judy Gibson is serving a 4-course wine dinner featuring wines from Lauren Bonnois.
November 15 – A whiskey and chocolate tasting featuring Liquid Riot and Dean’s Sweets is taking place at Ballast.
Thanksgiving – Restaurants, market and other food purveyors are just starting to share details on the Thanksgiving options. We will be adding them to this list as the information is made public. Drop us a line if you know of a Thanksgiving-themed offering not yet on the list.
- Five Fifty-Five North (Brusnwick) – is serving a 3-course Thanksgiving dinner (menu) for $85 per person; online reservations.
- Hanks (Scarborough) – is taking preorders for turkey, sides and desserts; order deadline on November 12th for pick-up on November 22nd.
- Harraseeket Inn (Freeport) – will have three seatings for their Thanksgiving Day grand buffet (menu); $165 per person, $65 per for kids 6 to 12, call for reservations (207) 865-9377.
- Lake & Co. (Yarmouth) – has a variety of turkeys, sides and desserts as well as a full dinner for two available for preorder. The order deadline is November 14th for pick-up on November 22nd or 23rd.
- MK Kitchen (Gorham) – will be serving a 3-course Thanksgiving Dinner (menu); reservations can be made on OpenTable.
- Nina June (Rockport) – is taking preorders for their Everything but the Bird takeout menu of appetizers, sides, salads, desserts and drinks for pick-up on November 22nd.
- Orchard Ridge Farm (Gorham) – is taking preorders for turkeys, ducks and ham.
- Pat’s Meat Market – has a selection of meats available including turkeys, prime rib, duck, pork crown roast.
- Rosemont Market – is taking preorders for turkeys, baked goods, prepared dishes and more; place your order by the 17th for pick-up on the 21st or 22nd.
- Saltwater Grille (south Portland) – will be serving a Thanksgiving buffet with seatings at 11:30, 1:30, 3:30, and 5:30; $75/ per adult, $35 per kids 6-12, free of children 5 and under.
- Sea Glass (Cape Elizabeth) – the restaurant at the Inn by the Sea is serving a Thanksgiving dinner ($85/adult, $32/children 4-12yo), and also has a Thanksgiving dinner to go sized to serve 6-8 people for $275 plus tax & 18% gratuity (order deadline November 16th).
- Two Fat Cats – has pies, cakes and other baked goods available to preorder for Thanksgiving; orders musts be in 48 hours before pick-up. Available from both their Portland and South Portland locations.
- Union – is taking preorders for a Thanksgiving dinner for two; order deadline on the 18th for pick-up on the 21st or 22nd.
- Wayside Tavern – is serving a 4-course family-style Thanksgiving Feast for $90/person with optional wine pairings for $55; ticketed reservations available online.
- The Good Shepherd Food Bank plays an integral role in distributing food during Thanksgiving and all year round in Maine. See their website for information where to find food through their partner agencies in Maine or to make a donation.
November 30 – deadline for the public and industry professionals to submit recommendations to the James Beard Foundation to consideration for the 2024 Awards program.
December 7 – Secret Supper is holding a (sold out) holiday dinner in the Portland area.
June 26 – Secret Supper (instagram) is holding a dinner in the Portland area.