Thursday – Duckfat is serving a (soldout) 5-course duck dinner, Maine & Loire are holding a Meiklang wine tasting, and Ironclad Eats and Bellflower Brewing are collaborating on Hellflower Night in East Bayside.
Saturday – 25+ food and drink establishments and other businesses are working together to hold East Bayside Halloween Fest. The event is raising funds for Maine Needs; S & P is holding a plant-based Autumn Party.
Sunday – it’s Halloween!
November 1 – Chef Ryan Nielsen is holding the first of his Pasilla (instagram) pop-up series. He’ll be serving a menu of tacos, tortas, tostadas, agua frescas and desserts. The pop-up will be taking place at the Mr. Tuna space in the Public Market House with takeout and limited seating.
November 3-6 – Harvest on the Harbor is taking place.
November 4 – Launch party for MOFGA’s new book The Organic Farming Revolution, and North 43 Bistro is holding a wine dinner featuring wines from Roederer Vineyard.
November 7/8 – Chef Cara Stadler has launched a pair of event series that run through June. The Science Cafe series “feature a local aquaculture producer or two who will share their story and answer our questions” and the cooking class series will be taught the subsequent evenings focusing on the product highlighted in the previous night’s Science Cafe.
November 10 – Evo and Liquid Riot are collaborating on a beer dinner.
November 21 – Lorne Wine is holding a Fete du Beaujolais at Broadturn Farm.
Thanksgiving – a small but quickly growing number of vendors are starting to announce their Thanksgiving offerings. This list will be updated as new info becomes available:
- Lake & Co. – menu goes live October 25th; order deadline November 15th for pick-up on November 24th and 25th.
- Other Side – is taking pre-orders for turkeys, sides and dessert.
- Portland Co-op – is starting to take turkey pre-orders on November 1st.
- Rosemont Market – is taking pre-orders for turkeys, sides and baked goods for pick-up on the 23rd or 24th.
- Solo Cucina Market – is a pick-up location for turkey orders from Farmers’ Gate for pick-up on November 23rd or 24th.
- Two Fat Cats – has a wide array of baked goods avaible for pre-order with pick-up on November 23-25th.
- Westin – offering a 2-person ‘take and bake’ meal for $80 for pick-up on the 24th, and a 3-course dinner on Thanksgiving day at the Westin for $85 per person (reservations open on October 27th).
- Yardie Ting – plans to offer family-style meals for parties of 4-, 6- and 12-people. Details are forthcoming.