Monday – Natalie DiBenedetto closed up her West End fried chicken restaurant Figgy’s back in July. She’s now doing a Figgy’s pop-up dinner out of Fork Food Lab next Monday. Fork has a full calendar of November pop-ups by Niyat (6th, 7th, 13th, 20th, 21st), Milk Bottle and Port Box Co (10th, 24th), Little Brother (19th). Maine Beer Company will be releasing Little Whaleboat IPA, a new beer to highlight their support of the Maine Coast Heritage Trust efforts to conserve three islands in Casco Bay, and chef Cara Stadler is teaching a cooking class.
Thursday – Sean Wilkinson from Might & Main and Will Fisher from Austin Street are giving a presentation at AIGA Maine on Beer and Better Brewing.
Friday – Ghee (instagram) will be serving Indian street food at Apres.
Saturday – it’s the grand opening of The Maker’s Galley, Brad Leone will be at the Oyster Shop to celebrate the release of his new book Field Notes for Food Adventure, and SoPo Seafood will be teaching an oyster shucking class.
November 24 – the last day of the regular season of the Portland Farmers’ Market. The Winter Market will start on Saturday December 4th and will be located once again at 631 Stevens Ave.
Thanksgiving – 30+ restaurants and other food producers have announced their Thanksgiving offerings and more are being added to the list each day:
- Ada’s – charcuterie and cheese boards, baked pasta and desserts; order by the 20th for pick-up on the 24th.
- Bam Bam Bakery – has a range of gluten-free baked good; order deadline November 19th for pick-up on the 23rd and 24th.
- BenReuben’s Knishery – roast chicken, sides, dessert for pick-up on the 24th.
- Big Tree – Thanksgiving online ordering goes live November 11th and closes on the 19th for pick-up on the 24th in Portland, Biddeford, or shipped out on Casco Bay Ferry.
- Black Betty Bistro – is offering a roast half turkey with green beans, mashed potato, corn bread, cranberry sauce, gravy to serve six people for $175. Order deadline in November 17th for pick-up on the 23rd or 24th.
- BlueFin – 4-course dinner for $75 per person.
- Bread and Friends – will begin taking Thanksgiving pre-orders on November 10th for pick-up on the 25th.
- Butter + Kale – sides and pies with vegetarian and vegan version available; pick-up on the 23rd or 24th.
- Cakes for All Seasons – order by 21st for pickup in Biddeford on the 23rd or 24th.
- Central Provisions/Tipo – appetizers, sides, desserts and drinks for pick-up on the 24th.
- Chaval – apple tarte tatin, pumpkin, cranberry and maple pecan pie, or chocolate pie with peanut butter and sea salt crunch; pick-up on the 24th.
- Dandelion Catering – turkeys, sides and desserts; deadline on the 17th for pick-up on the 24th.
- Daybreak Alliance/CarHop – the CarHop delivery service and Daybreak Growers Alliance are teaming up to offer Daybreak’s farm and butcher boxes to the Greater Portland area in time for Thanksgiving on the 23rd and 24th. Ordering via the CarHop site starts on November 9th and the ordering deadline for Thanksgiving is November 21st.
- Dizzy Bird – family meals, individual meals and apps, sides and desserts; pick-up on the 24th in Biddeford.
- Friends & Family – appetizer kits; deadline on the 21st for pick-up on the 24th.
- Gather – takeout dinner for 4 people for $149; pick-up on the 24th.
- Lake & Co. – dinner for two, sides, and desserts; order deadline November 15th for pick-up on November 24th and 25th.
- Maria’s – takeout roast turkey dinner for $22 per person; order by the 23rd for pick-up on the 24th.
- Monte’s – is taking orders for turkeys; deadline on the 10th for pick-up on 22nd – 24th.
- Nonesuch River Brewing – is offering whole roast turkeys, sides, and individual full Thanksgiving dinners; order deadline on the 21st for pick-up on the 23rd, 24th or 25th.
- North 43 Bistro – a ready to roast turkey along with sides and pie, feeds 6, $235.
- Onggi – a Thanksgiving cookie box, 20 cookies consisting of 5 different flavors; pick-up on the 24th.
- Other Side – is taking pre-orders for turkeys, sides and dessert.
- Pepperell Provisions – mains, sides and desserts for pick-up in Biddeford on the 24th.
- Petite Jacqueline – 3-course onsite dinner for $75 per person. PJ’s is also offering a takeout dinner for pick-up on the 23rd, 24th or 25th.
- Portland Co-op – is starting to take turkey pre-orders on November 1st.
- Prairie Baking Co. – has a cake and coffee cake available for pre-order.
- Purple Whisk – baked goods for pick-up on the 24th at Omi’s Coffee in South Portland.
- Rosemont Market – is taking pre-orders for turkeys, sides and baked goods for pick-up on the 23rd or 24th.
- Ruby’s West End – turkeys, sides, desserts and wine.
- S + P – a plant-based Thanksgiving; order by the 15th for pick-up on the 23rd and 24th.
- Salt Yard – dinner for 2, $120; for pick-up on the 24th.
- Scratch Baking – baked goods for pre-order for pick-up on the 23rd and 24th.
- Solo Cucina Market – on November 23rd or 24th is a pick-up location for turkey orders from Farmers’ Gate.
- Standard Baking – a wide range of baked goods for pre-order by the 21st for pick-up on Thanksgiving Day.
- Sur Lie – turkey, sides, and/or wine for four; ordering deadline November 18th, for pick-up on November 24th.
- Sweeet Cream Dairy – is taking pre-orders for pints and a special Carrot Cheesecake Ice Cream Tart; deadline on the 19th for pick-up on the 24th.
- Sweet Woodruff Provisions – ordering starts on the 7th for pick-up on the 23rd or 24th.
- Tandem Coffee – order deadline 19th, pick-up on 23rd or 24th.
- The Cheese Shop – sides, apps and cheese platters; order by the 19th for pick-up on the 24th or 25th.
- The Harraseeket Inn – is offering their Thanksgiving Grand Buffet; $115 per person, $49 per child (6-12) and free for kids 5 and under….plus tax and tip.
- Two Fat Cats – has a wide array of baked goods available for pre-order with pick-up on November 23-25th.
- Verbena – 3-course takeout menu for $36 per person; deadline on the 22nd for pick-up on the 24th.
- Wayside – will be serving a prix-fixe Thanksgiving menu for $85 per person, 1-5 pm. Call or go on Resy to make a reservation.
- Westin – offering a 2-person ‘take and bake’ meal for $80 for pick-up on the 24th, and a 3-course dinner on Thanksgiving day at the Westin for $85 per person (reservations open on October 27th).
- Wine Wise – dinner for 2-4 people with wine that’s a collaboration with 8 local restaurants and food producers (Central Provisions, Chaval, Helm, Other Side Deli, Nigh Moves Bread, Solo Italiano, Sur Lie, Tipo) plus turkey and stuffing prepared by Wine Wise chef Jef Wright and wine selected by Wine Wise sommelier Erica Archer. Order deadline November 17th. Wine Wise is also offering a 6-bottle Thanksgiving sett of wine.
- Yardie Ting – Thanksgiving meals for families of 4-, 6- and 12 and sides; for pickup on the 25th.