Friday – Evo is serving a dinner at the Wolfe’s Neck Center in Freeport.
Friday/Saturday –Wild Haven will be popping-up at Magnus on Water.
Saturday – Orchard Ridge Farm in Gorham is holding their 3rd Annual Pig Roast, and Waxwing Bakery will be holding a pop-up at Bumbleroot Farm in Windham.
Weekend – the Maine Fermentation Fair is taking place at Dandelion Spring Farm.
October 25 – South Portland restaurants Judy Gibson and Lambs will be collaborating on a Burger Night.
October 25-28 – Harvest on the Harbor is taking place.
October 26 – Bar Futo is hosting Roundtable, an event and dinner that “brings together chefs, organizers and neighbors for actionable discussion about social justice, mutual aid and sustainability.”
October 28 – Chefs Tracy Chang from Pagu, Ilma Lopez from the Ugly Duckling and Matt Ginn from Evo are collaboration on a dinner at the Ugly Ducking–sign-up for a Farmers’ Market Tour with the chefs and return in the evening for the dinner. The 18th Annual Veg Fest is taking place.
October 29 – The Cheese Shop is kicking off their cheese classroom series with a Cheese 101 class.
October 30 – Ore Nell’s North in Biddeford is holding a 5-course beer dinner.
November 5 – Chaval is holding a late harvest dinner at Wolfe’s Neck Center in Freeport.
November 9 – Judy Gibson is serving a 4-course wine dinner featuring wines from Lauren Bonnois.
Thanksgiving – Restaurants, market and other food purveyors are just starting to share details on the Thanksgiving options. Will be adding them to this list as the information is made public. Drop us a line if you know of a Thanksgiving-themed offering not yet on the list.
- Hanks (Scarborough) – is taking preorders for turkey, sides and desserts; order deadline on November 12th for pick-up on November 22nd.
- Nina June (Rockport) – is taking preorders for their Everything but the Bird takeout menu of appetizers, sides, salads, desserts and drinks for pick-up on November 22nd.
- Orchard Ridge Farm (Gorham) – is taking preorders for turkeys, ducks and ham.
- Pat’s Meat Market – has a selection of meats available including turkeys, prime rib, duck, pork crown roast.
- Rosemont Market – is taking preorders for turkeys, baked goods, prepared dishes and more; place your order by the 17th for pick-up on the 21st or 22nd.
- Sea Glass (Cape Elizabeth) – the restaurant at the Inn by the Sea is serving a Thanksgiving dinner ($85/adult, $32/children 4-12yo), and also has a Thanksgiving dinner to go sized to serve 6-8 people for $275 plus tax & 18% gratuity (order deadline November 16th).
- The Good Shepherd Food Bank plays an integral role in distributing food during Thanksgiving and all year round in Maine. See their website for information where to find food through their partner agencies in Maine or to make a donation.
November 30 – deadline for the public and industry professionals to submit recommendations to the James Beard Foundation to consideration for the 2024 Awards program.
December 7 – Secret Supper is holding a (sold out) holiday dinner in the Portland area.
June 26 – Secret Supper (instagram) is holding a dinner in the Portland area.