Tuesday – Dok Mali is scheduled to open at 11:30 am.
November 7 – French author and cider producer Claude Jolicoeur will be giving a talk at Urban Farm Fermentory.
November 11-13 – the 5th Annual Downeast Cider and Cheese Festival is taking place in Ellsworth.
November 14 – Cera is hosting a meeting “to start a dialog amongst Portland’s chefs/restauranteurs about sustainability in food systems.”
November 16 – Broken Arrow is serving a 4-course cider dinner, and Evo is holding a 5-course Rhone wine dinner.
November 19 – Lorne is holding their 2nd annual La Fête du Beaujolais.
Thanksgiving – here’s the start of our 2022 Thanksgiving dining and takeout list. Drop us a line if you know of a Thanksgiving-themed offering not yet on the list.
- Big Tree Grocery – will be taking Thanksgiving order from the 10th through the 18th for pick-up on the 23rd.
- Black Betty’s Bistro – has a dinner for six available for preorder; order deadline on the 16th for pick-up on the 23rd.
- Chaval – is taking preorders for four different types of pies: maple, Valrhona chocolate, Thanksgiving ricotta, and pumpkin local cranberry, maple and pecan.
- Cheffette Toni & Co. – is taking preorders for sides and dessert; order deadline on the 16th for pick-up on the 23rd at Fork Food Lab.
- Craft Curbside – has turkey, sides and pie available for preorder for pick-up on the 23rd.
- Dandelion Catering – has turkeys, gravy, sides, and dessert available for preorder; order deadline on the 16th for pick-up on the 23rd.
- Hanks – is taking pre-orders for turkey, sides and desserts; order deadline on November 16th for pick-up on November 23rd.
- Harraseeket Inn – is serving their Grand Buffet (menu); $139/adult, children 6-12 are $49/child, children 5 & under are free.
- Harbor Bistro + Terrace – is serving a 4-course dinner for $85/person; call (207) 523-2004 to make a reservation.
- Lake & Co – has apps, turkey, desserts and sides available for preoder; order deadline on the 14th for pick-up or delivery on the 23rd and 24th.
- Local Goods Gathered – has a package of “Maine cheese featuring a marinated chevre, aged hard cheese and a gouda. Along with Maine-made preserves and crackers” available for preorder; order dedline on the 18th for shipment on the 21st or local pick-up on the 22nd.
- Maggie Mae’s – has starters, desserts and sides for pre-order; order deadline on the 16th.
- Nonesuch Brewing – is offering “Thanksgiving feasts to go“.
- Other Side Deli – has turkeys, sides, charcuterie and dinner rolls. See this post for a full list.
- Part & Parcel – has sweet and savory pies and breakfast items available for preorder for pick-up on the 23rd.
- Pat’s Meat Market – has a selection of meats available for order including turkeys, prime rib, duck, pork crown roast.
- Petite Jacqueline – is serving a 3-course dinner (menu TBD); reservations available on Resy.
- Ragged Coast – has a Thanksgiving chocolate table set.
- Rosemont Market – is taking preorders for turkeys, baked goods, prepared dishes and more.
- Ruby’s West End – is taking preorders for turkeys, entrees, sides and desserts with vegan options; order deadline on November 20th for pick-up on Thanksgiving morning.
- S + P Plant Based Cooking – has a wide assortment of plant-based foods available for preorder and pick-up in Portland.
- Saltwater Grille – a 3-course dinner for $55-65/person.
- Scratch Baking – is taking preorders; order deadline on November 19th for pick-up on the 23rd.
- Solo Cucina – has Apple Galette, Tiramisu, Pumpkin Cheesecake, and Cranberry Tart available for Thanksgiving; order deadline on the 10th.
- Standard Baking – is taking preorders for pick-up on the 23rd.
- Tandem Coffee – is taking preorders; order deadline on the 18th for pick-up on the 22nd or 23rd.
- Two Fat Cats – has pies and other baked goods for preorder; for pick-up on the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th.
- Union – is serving a 3-course dinner for $79/person with optional wine pairings for $45; phone reservations only (207) 808-8700. They also have a 2-person dinner to go option for $110.
- Verbena – has a 3-course menu with vegan options available for $50/person.
- Wayside – is serving a “classic family style, multi-course Thanksgiving feast” for $85 per person. Online reservations.
- Community Dinners and Resources
- Soul Food Paradise – Soul Food Paradise is raising funds to serve a free community dinner on Thanksgiving.
- Wayside Food Programs – will be serving free community meals in Portland, South Portland and Westbrook as well as distributing food baskets for home cooking, and prepared meals. See the Wayside website for more information, or to make a donation.
- The Good Shepherd Food Bank plays an integral role in distributing food during Thanksgiving and all year round in Maine. See their website for information where to find food through their partner agencies in Maine or to make a donation.
- Dandelion Catering – is taking nominations for families in need to which they’ll donate a Thanksgiving dinner.