Valentine’s Day — it’s one of the busiest restaurant days of the year. There are ample options to choose from in the list below or you can try one of the suggestions assembled by Portland-area bloggers last week.
- Bar Lola, $45, 5-course dinner with optional wine pairings
- BiBo’s Madd Apple Cafe, $40 3-course dinner
- Bresca, 5-course Paris 2066 Dinner, $65 per person, $100 per person with wine pairings
- Cinque Terre, 5-course on February 13 and 14, $59.95
- East Ender, 3-courses $40 with the option of wine pairings for $18
- El Rayo Cantina, is putting together a special Valentine’s Day menu
- Five Fifty-Five, your choice of $75 or $100 5-course meals in the restaurant or a 3-course $55 dinner in the lounge
- Gelato Fiasco, Valentine-themed red, pink, white, and chocolate flavors
- Geno’s Rock Club will be the venue for the Local Muscle Valentine’s Day Film Festival
- Novare Res, Sweet Marguerites chocolates paired with beer from the Novare Res menu, February 10-14
- Petite Jacqueline, $65 4-course dinner with optional wine pairings
- Sea Glass, 4-course dinner $62
- Sea Grass Bistro, 4-course $65
- Sebago Brewing, is offering a special Valentine’s Day menu
- Sonny’s is hosting the launch party for Bunker Brewing
- The Inn on Peaks Island, 3-course dinner, $55 includes a champagne toast
- The Frog & Turtle, $45 3-course
- The Salt Exchange has posted their Valentine’s Day menu
- Vignola, 4-course, $39.95
- Wine Wise, Wine & Chocolate Pairings, $35
- Zackery’s, serving a special Valentine’s Day menu
- Zapoteca, $40 with optional pairings for $20, served February 10-14
Wednesday — a lecture entitled “What’s Eating Maine: An Excursion into the Local Food System” is taking place at USM.
Thursday — the Brighton Ave Rosemont is hosting Cortijo Winery for a wine tasting.
Saturday — the the Winter Farmers Market is being held.
Sunday — Miyake is holding a 9-course wine dinner, and Ratatouille is on the schedule for movie night at Petite Jacqueline.
James Beard Awards — the James Beard Foundation is scheduled to release the list of semi-finalists for this year’s JBF Awards on February 21. The final list of nominees will be out March 19 and the winners will be announced May 4.
For more information on these and other upcoming food happenings in the area, visit the event calendar.
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.