Tuesday — the next edition of Symphony & Spirits is taking place at Hunt and Alpine.
Wednesday — the Monument Square Farmers’ Market is taking place.
Thursday — GMRI is hosting a lecture on Recent Success in New England’s Fisheries, and staff from Bissell Brothers, the Maine Beer Company, the Brew Bus and Allagash will participate in a panel discussion on social media for the Local Beer and Beverage Industry.
Saturday — Allagash is holding a bottle release for Nancy, Flask is celebrating the 8-year anniversary, there will be a wine tasting at LeRoux Kitchen, and the Deering Oaks Farmers’ Market is taking place.
Sunday – Piccolo and Oxbow are collaborating on a beer dinner which will feature, among other beers, the Del Ducato Oud Brunello which was aged in Brunello di Montalcino barrels.
Thanksgiving is just a few short weeks away. I’m assembling a list of Thanksgiving dinners and local resources for home cooks and related events. Here’s what’s surfaced so far:
- Brian Boru, Thanksgiving buffet, $23.99 (children under 12 are half priced), noon – 5:30
- C-Squared, 3-course, $65 per person, 11 – 8.
- Eve’s at the Garden is serving a buffet, $55 per person, ages 6-12 $24.95 and children under 6 are free.
- Five Fifty-Five, 4-course dinner for $80 per person, there’s also a 3-course children’s dinner for $35 per person, 1-8.
- Harraseeket Inn is serving their Thanksgiving Grand Buffet.
- Saltwater Grille is serving a Thanksgiving buffet, $49.99 per person, $14.99 for children.
- Sea Glass is serving their Thanksgiving Grand Buffet, $60 per adult, children 5-12 are $22, kids under 5 are free, 12-8.
- Tempo Dulu, 5 courses, $85 per person.
- Timber, 4-course dinner, $35 per person, vegetarian options available, 1-8.
- Twenty Milk Street is serving a Thanksgiving dinner.
- Zackery’s is serving a Thanksgiving buffet, $27 per adult, $22 for seniors, children under 10 pay their age.
- Turkeys are available from Rosemont Market, the Other Side Delicatessen, The Farm Stand, C Salt Gourmet Market, Ten Ten Pié Wolfe’s Neck Farm, Serendipity Acres Farm, Alewive’s Brook Farm and Frith Farm.
- Prepared Side Dishes can be sourced from Aurora Provisions, the Other Side Delicatessen and Rosemont Market.
- Pies, Cakes and Desserts are being sold by Standard Baking, Scratch Baking Co., Ten Ten Pié, Portland Patisserie, Two Fat Cats
- While making your own dinner plans, please consider making a donation to the Good Shepherd Food Bank to help them fight hunger in Maine.
For more information on these and other upcoming food happenings in the area, visit the event calendar.
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.