Monday — Sur Lie is holding a tiki cocktail infused neighborhood welcome party for Rhum.
Thursday — Five Fifty-Five is serving a Christmas Eve dinner.
Friday — it’s Christmas Day. Congress Squared, Eve’s at the Garden, the Harraseeket Inn, the Inn by the Sea, Twenty Milk Street, and Union are serving Christmas dinners. See OpenTable for a list of other restaurants open on Christmas day.
Saturday — the Winter Farmers’ Market is taking place.
New Year’s Eve – restaurants have started announcing NYE specials. Let me know if you know of one that’s missing.
- Abilene – serving a prix fixe dinner
- Artemisia Cafe – 4-course, $75.
- Back Bay Grill – 4-course dinner, $105.
- BiBo’s Madd Apple Cafe – 3-course, $55.
- Boone’s – 5-course dinner, $85.
- Central Provisions – 14-course tasting menu, $220 per couple (including tax and gratuity) with optional pairings $55 per person.
- East Ender – snack buffet and glass of sparkling wine, $25.
- Evo – 5-course dinner in collaboration with Veuve Clicquot, $75 per person with optional wine pairings.
- Five Fifty-Five – 4-course, $85, with optional wine pairings.
- Honey Paw/Eventide – passed apps and champagne toast, $53.74.
- Isa – 3-course dinner, $45.
- King’s Head – 4-course and glass of prosecco, $30.
- Lolita – over-the-top tapas party including 30 of the most popular items from their 2015 menus
- MK Kitchen – 4-course dinner, $75.
- Pepperell Mill – party in the Biddeford, $20 per person.
- Petite Jacqueline – 3-course tasting menu with champagne, $75.
- Piccolo – 9-course dinner and glass of prosecco, $115.
- Sur Lie – tasting menu, $75.
- Tempo Dulu – 8-course dinner with cocktail and champagne toast, $195.
- Terlingua – 5-course and glass of bubbly, $75.
- Tiqa – 4-course dinner, $55.
- Twenty Milk Street – a la carte menu.
- Union – 5-course dinner, $99.
- Vinland – 5-course dinner and sparkling wine toast, $108.
- Grace, Ebb & Flow and several other restaurants will also be open serving their regular menu.
For more information on these and other upcoming food happenings in the area, visit the event calendar.
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.
2 comments on “This Week’s Events: Sur Lie/Rhum, 555 Eve Dinner, Christmas, NYE List”
Do you know if there are restaurants doing brunch on New Years Day?
Sushi Maine is open all day New Year’s Eve delivering party platters free of charge throughout greater Portland. Celebrate with sushi featuring fresh Maine Coast seafood: Casco Bay Scallops, Casco Bay Mussels, Maine crab and lobster, and Maine farm-raised salmon. Tuna rolls with Atlantic Yellowfin or Atlantic Albacore. Lots of veggie choices too and all rolls can be made with organic brown rice for additional .50/roll. Dine-in as well, reservations required. 205-1431.