Wednesday — Karl Deuben and Bill Leavy will be the guest chefs at Central Provisions for CP’s 1-year anniversary.
Thursday — Rising Tide and Ebb & Flow are collaborating on a 5-course beer dinner, the Brighton Ave Rosemont is holding a cider tasting (with ciders from Vermont, New Hampshire, Spain, France, Chile) and Bao Bao is hosting a Hitachino tap takeover.
Friday — there will be a wine tasting at the West End Deli.
Saturday — Space Gallery is screening the movie The Search for General Tso followed by a talk with the director, Maine & Loire is holding a sparkling wine tasting, Dobra is teaching a class on the six classes of tea, Rosemont and Piccolo are working together on a cooking class, Wine Wise is leading a wine and chocolate walk, and the Winter Farmers’ Market is taking place.
Valentine’s Day — restaurants have started announcing their plans for Valentine’s Day. I’ll be adding to this list and reposting it on a weekly basis now through then.
- Allagash, Beer Hearts Chocolate beer and chocolate tasting, $15 per person.
- Congress Squared, special menu served on both the 13th and 14th.
- David’s Opus Ten, 9-course dinner with wine pairings for $150 per person.
- Five Fifty-Five, 4-course dinner for $75 per person; with optional pairings and supplements.
- Gelato Fiasco, serving a case of special Valentine’s flavored gelato and sorbetto, February 13-15.
- Novare Res is teaming up with La Crème Chocolat to serve beer and chocolate pairings on the 13th and 14th.
- Petite Jacqueline, 3-course menu for $65 per person; optional wine pairings available.
- Piccolo, 5-course dinner and a glass of rose prosecco, $75 per person; optional wine pairings available.
- Rising Tide, on the 13th Rising Tide Brewing will be releasing Nuit D’Hiver, a “limited rum barrel aged version of D’Hiver, our dark rye saison with winter spices and sweet orange peel” along with D’Hiver, 2013 Cellared D’Hiver, Nuit D’Hiver on tap and chocolates truffles from La Crème Chocolat.
- Sur Lie, serving their regular menu and a special chef’s tasting menu for $65 per person.
- Vinland has a number of options including a 10-course dinner for 4 for $300.
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.