Tuesday – it’s Election Day. If you haven’t already, Go Out and Vote.
Wednesday – Kit Paschal from Island Creek is Wednesday’s guest chef at the Duckfat Friteshack Grill, and the weekday Deering Oaks Farmers’ Market is taking place.
Saturday – the weekend Deering Oaks Farmers’ Market is taking place.
Thanksgiving Resource Guide – a growing list of which restaurants are doing in person or takeout Thanksgiving dinners, as well as bakeries, markets and other providers with special offerings for Thanksgiving. Email me with details at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of a business that should be added to the list.
- Belleville – has set-up an online pre-order for Thanksgiving baked goods. Order online for pick-up on November 24th or 25t.
- BlueFin – the restaurant at the Portland Harbor Hotel will be serving a Thanksgiving dinner(menu). There will be four seatings at 1, 2:45, 4:30 and 6.
- Botto’s Bakery – has some Thanksgiving breads and desserts which you can order online. Order deadlines: for breads November 24th, for pastry November 21st.
- Central Provisions – has a range of starters, sides, salads and dessert. Order deadline November 20th for pick-up on November 25th.
- Chaval – has some dessert options an apple tarte tatan with a side of vanilla cream, maple pecan pumpkin pie, and a chocolate tart
frangipan almond tart with poached pears and chocolate sauce. Email email@example.com to order.
- Dockside Grill – has appetizers, sides and pies. Order deadline November 15th to pick up on the 20th, or November 22nd to pick-up on the 25th. Call (207) 747-5274 to order.
- Eighteen95 – the restaurant at The Portland Regency will be serving a Thanksgiving dinner (see the menu). Noon to 7pm.
- Figgy’s – has “everything but the bird” 10 side dishes for pick-up on November 24th or 25th. Orders must be in by November 20th.
- Inn by the Sea –has a meal for 6-8 people for $199 plus tax and 18% gratuity for pick-up on November 24th or 25th. Call (207) 799-3134 to order by November 18th.
- Lake & Co. – will be offering “a Thanksgiving dinner for 2 for $65 as well as a la carte offerings of roasted turkey breast, mashed chive buttermilk potatoes, two potato gratin, green bean casserole with shiitake and crispy shallot, brussels with bacon, crispy fennel and apple salad, coconut-garlic delicata, gravy and cranberry clementine sauce. Plus 6 pie varieties, biscuits, breads and appetizers.” Along with options for ordering whole birds to cook at home, and home delivery. The deadline for for ordering a meal is Friday, November 20th.
- Little Giant – a takeout dinner for four, with 6 sides and 3 dessert, $260. Included in the purchase is four meals for those in need via Cooking for Community. Order deadline November 22nd.
- North 43 Bistro – is offering takeout Thanksgiving dinner for 6 people for $225.
- Other Side Delicatessen – has available has turkey and a range of sides and desserts to make your home dinner easier. Order must be in by November 16th.
- Petite Jacqueline – will be serving a “3 course menu with options, wine pairings, sides, etc. Some traditional offerings and some untraditional ideas.” Reservations recommended.
- Portland Food Co-op – the co-op is taking pre-orders for turkeys. They are sourcing their turkeys from Tide Mill Organic Farm, Pine Tree Poultry, and the Common Wealth Poultry Company. Order deadline November 16th.
- Prairie Baking Company – will be offering “cheddar herb gougeres and pumpkin madeleines by the dozen, fall themed decorate your own cookie boxes, and apple cake with maple buttercream and chai spiced crumble decorated with handmade wafer paper leaves and fresh flowers”..
- Rick’s Lobby Cafe – prepared sides and turkeys ready to cook. Order deadline November 14th. Rick’s has a delivery option.
- Rosemont – has turkeys, sides, pies and breads. Order deadline November 20th. Delivery or pick-up.
- Scratch Baking Co. – will have pies, bread and rolls for pick-up on November 24th or 25th. Order deadline November 20th.
- Sur Lie – “Ready to cook turkey and cooked sides along with dessert from Ilma Lopez of Chaval.” for pick-up on November 25th. Order deadline November 22nd. Sur Lie has a delivery option. $225 for a dinner for four people.
- The Harraseeket Inn – will be serving a “reverse buffet” Thanksgiving dinner. They will also have some Thanksgiving dinner specials that can be ordered to go.
- Timber Steakhouse – will be serving a 3-course meal for $49.
- Two Fat Cats – has started taking pre-orders. Order deadline November 19th.
- Union – will have a Thanksgiving takeout dinner available for pick-up on Wednesday, and will be serving a 3-course dinner on Thanksgiving Day.
- Westin – is offering a takeout meal for 2 for $70 for pick-up on November 25th. Order online.
- Southern Maine & New Hampshire – for those of you living in coastal New Hampshire and York County in Maine see this list assembled by the Portsmouth Herald.
- Lewiston – Boba is offering a package that will feed 6-8 people.
For more information on these and other upcoming food happenings in the area, visit the event calendar.
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.