Wednesday — Black Tie is teaching a cooking class.
Thursday — the Hunt & Alpine Club is hosting a Bols Genever Apres Ski Night, and a chocolate/wine/cheese tasting at the Public Market House.
Valentine’s Day — nearly every restaurant in town will be open for Valentine’s Day., many offering fixed price special dinners. Call your favorite spot asap to make reservations. Here’s a list of venues that are planning something a little different:
- Allagash Brewing, 4 rare beers (Old HLT, Midnight Brett, Mattina Rosa, and Red Howes) and chocolate from La Creme Chocolate and Haven’s Candies, 4 – 7.
- Bier Cellar will be holding a Port/Madeira tasting, 5:30 – 7:30.
- Flanagan’s Table will be hosting a dinner prepared by chef Erin French from The Lost Kitchen, 6 – 10.
- Novare Res is collaborating with Sweet Marguerite’s to serves a set of beer and chocolate pairings.
- Rising Tide is working with with truffles from La Créme Chocolat, there will be chair massages and supplies to make Valentine’s Day cards, noon – 5.
- Sweetgrass Farm Winery & Distillery is opening their new tasting room at 324 Fore St, noon – 8.
Saturday — author Josua Bernstein, will be on a Maine Brew Bus tour and then at Rising Tide for a book signing, and the Winter Farmers Market is taking place at the Urban Farm Fermentory on Anderson Street.
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.