Monday — there will be an Italian Wine Seminar co-hosted by Caiola’s and Devenish Wines.
Tuesday — the 17th Annual Cajun Cooking Challenge is taking place, the organizers of Green Drinks are hosting a Green Dinner at The Salt Exchange and the UFF is teaching a mushroom growing workshop.
Wednesday — a wine tasting is taking place at Old Port Wine Merchants. LeRoux Kitchen, in cooperation with chef Skawinski from Cinque, is holding an Italian cooking demonstration.
Thursday — Browne Trading is hosting a Port and Chocolate tasting, an Italian wine dinner is taking place at Vignola, and the Public Market House will be the site of a UFF cider and kombucha tasting.
Friday — it’s the first day of a chocolate and beer menu at Novare Res, and there will be a wine tasting at Aurora Provisions.
Saturday — Chef Jeff Kingman will be preparing the February Peaks Island Gastro Society dinner, the UFF is teaching an apple tree pruning workshop, LeRoux is holding a sweet and savory crepe cooking demo, and the the Winter Farmers Market is being held.
Sunday — Man and a Woman is on the schedule for movie night at Petite Jacqueline, Dobra is teaching a Black Tea Workshop, and the 18th Annual Chilli and Chowder Challenge is taking place.
Valentine’s Day — Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. Here are the V Day options I’ve heard of so far. Post a comment with info for others that I should add to the list.
- Bar Lola, $45, 5-course dinner with optional wine pairings
- BiBo’s Madd Apple Cafe, $40 3-course dinner
- Bresca, 5-course Paris 2066 Dinner, $65 per person, $100 per person with wine pairings
- Cinque Terre, 5-course on February 13 and 14, $59.95
- East Ender, 3-courses $40 with the option of wine pairings for $18
- El Rayo Cantina, is putting together a special Valentine’s Day menu
- Five Fifty-Five, your choice of $75 or $100 5-course meals in the restaurant or a 3-course $55 dinner in the lounge
- Gelato Fiasco, Valentine-themed red, pink, white, and chocolate flavors
- Geno’s Rock Club will be the venue for the Local Muscle Valentine’s Day Film Festival
- Novare Res, Sweet Marguerites chocolates paired with beer from the Novare Res menu, February 10-14
- Peaks Island Gastro Society, $100 6-course prix fixe with wine pairings on Saturday February 11
- Petite Jacqueline, $65 4-course dinner with optional wine pairings
- Sea Glass, 4-course dinner $62
- Sea Grass Bistro, 4-course $65
- Sebago Brewing, is offering a special Valentine’s Day menu
- The Inn on Peaks Island, 3-course dinner, $55 includes a champagne toast
- The Frog & Turtle, $45 3-course
- The Salt Exchange has posted their Valentine’s Day menu
- Vignola, 4-course, $39.95
- Wine Wise, Wine & Chocolate Pairings, $35
- Zackery’s, serving a special Valentine’s Day menu
- Zapoteca, $40 with optional pairings for $20, served February 10-14
For more information on these and other upcoming food happenings in the area, visit the event calendar.
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.