Monday — Portland Beer Week kicked off yesterday. There’s a plethora of beer tastings, tap takeovers, lunches, dinners and lectures taking place over. The next 6 days. Checkout the PBW website for a full list of events.
Tuesday — 11 professional/amateur beer collaborations will be on tap at Salvage.
Wednesday — Bao Bao is hosting a Bissell Brothers beer dinner, Novare Res is holding an Oxbow bottle tasting, and the Monument Square Farmers’ Market is taking place.
Thursday — The Maine Center For Creativity is holding a talk on the Art and Science of Brewing, and there will be a wine and cheese tasting at the Public Market House.
Friday — Master Brewer/Co-Founder Jean François Gravel from Brassserie Dieu du Ceil will be Novare.
Saturday — the 2015 edition of Where the Wild Biers are is taking place at Novare and the 22nd Annual Maine Brewers Festival is taking place at the Portland Expo, Rising Tide is holding the bottle release for Hesperus, there will be a wine tasting at Rosemont on Brighton, and the Deering Oaks Farmers’ Market is taking place.
Sunday – Slab is hosting a Hangover Brunch, and Aurora Provisions is teaching a pie baking class.
Thanksgiving is just a few short weeks away. I’m assembling a list of Thanksgiving dinners and local resources for home cooks and related events. Here’s what’s surfaced so far:
- Brian Boru, Thanksgiving buffet, $23.99 (children under 12 are half priced), noon – 5:30
- C-Squared, 3-course, $65 per person, 11 – 8.
- Eve’s at the Garden is serving a buffet, $55 per person, ages 6-12 $24.95 and children under 6 are free.
- Five Fifty-Five, 4-course dinner for $80 per person, there’s also a 3-course children’s dinner for $35 per person, 1-8.
- Harraseeket Inn is serving their Thanksgiving Grand Buffet.
- Saltwater Grille is serving a Thanksgiving buffet, $49.99 per person, $14.99 for children.
- Sea Glass is serving their Thanksgiving Grand Buffet, $60 per adult, children 5-12 are $22, kids under 5 are free, 12-8.
- Timber, 4-course dinner, $35 per person, vegetarian options available, 1-8.
- Twenty Milk Street is serving a Thanksgiving dinner.
- Zackery’s is serving a Thanksgiving buffet, $27 per adult, $22 for seniors, children under 10 pay their age.
- Turkeys are available from Rosemont Market, the Other Side Delicatessen, The Farm Stand, Wolfe’s Neck Farm, Serendipity Acres Farm, Alewive’s Brook Farm and Frith Farm.
- Prepared Side Dishes can be sourced from Aurora Provisions, the Other Side Delicatessen and Rosemont Market.
- While making your own dinner plans, please consider making a donation to the Good Shepherd Food Bank to help them fight hunger in Maine.
For more information on these and other upcoming food happenings in the area, visit the event calendar.
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.