May 16th through May 22nd participating restaurants will donate $1 for every order of the Stop AAPI Hate item on their menu. Already signed up for this program are:
- Central Provisions
- DiMillo’s which will feature a spicy seared tuna appetizer
- Highroller Lobster Co. which will feature a lobster rangoon special
- LB Kitchen which will feature the LB Bowl
- Little Giant
- Luke’s Lobster which will feature the scallop num pang dish developed by their team member Chenda Chamreoun
- Mr. Tuna which will feature a tuna de tigre
- Onggi which will feature a sourdough chocolate chip cookie
- Sur Lie which will feature a monkfish “foie” gyoza with aioli, rhubarb compote
On a related note, Hilltop Coffee has announced they’ll be raising funds for Asian Americans Advancing Justice. During the month of May, $1 will be donated for every Green Goddess avocado toast purchased during the month at Hilltop. Hilltop’s initiative was inspired by the Dough Something project launched by Chicago pastry chef Beverly Kim.
You can also make a donation to Asian Americans Advancing Justice online.