Plans for the inaugural Portland Wine Week (website, facebook, instagram, twitter) have been released. The new week-long summer festival will take place June 18 – 24 at various venues across the city.
Crafted as a boutique experience for wine enthusiasts of all types—from the casual wine lover to the serious oenophile—this week of world class wine, learning experiences, and award-winning food will launch you into summer with style. Activities will include pairing and performance events, incredible wine dinners, tastings, educational classes and seminars, special menus, a passport tour of dozens of local restaurants and their wine lists; and other happenings that feature wine, food, art, and fun.
Nearly 20 events are already on the schedule with more are being added as plans are worked out. They include:
- Six wine dinners:
- A Night of Rosé at Sur Lie
- A Southern Italian white wine and seafood pairing at Scales
- An evening of natural wines at Piccolo
- A tour of Burgundy at Lolita
- A focus on the new release and library wines of Channing Daughters at Hugo’s
- An exploration of Spanish wines at Chaval
- A meet and greet with Austrian wine expert Klaus Wittier at Central Provisions
- A pasta making and wine pairing class at Solo Italiano
- A champagne brunch at Lolita
- A wine pairing lunch with Bangs Island Mussels at Scales
- An historical wine list exhibition and talk from Don Lindgren of Rabelais Books
- Three wine sails in Casco Bay with presenting sponsor Wine Wise featuring oysters, emerging wines and Italian cooking, as well as a Mediterranean wine walk.
Portland Wine Week will wrap up with a Cabernet Cabaret Gala in collaboration with Circus Maine and food from five acclaimed female chefs (including recent Beard award semifinalists Ilma Lopez and Krista Kern Desjarlais). Proceeds from the gala will benefit Portland’s Preble Street Teen Center.
Get Involved – If you’re interested in becoming a Portland Wine Week vendor or sponsor contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Portland Food Map is proud to be a sponsor of Portland Wine Week.