The 3rd Annual Portland Wine Week (website, facebook, instagram, twitter) is taking place this summer June 14th to 20th at various locations across the city. There are 38 events already on the calendar and more are being added every week.
Here are some of the highlights:
- A 4-course lunch featuring wines from four women winemakers
- A tasting seminar on the wines from Lopez de Heredia and a Lopez de Heredia wine lunch at Chaval
- A pair of tasting seminars of Chateau Musar
- A Women in Wine dinner featuring 5 chefs and the 10 women sommeliers. Each dish paired with different wines by two sommeliers with voting on who paired it better.
- Wine dinners and wine lunches with Little Giant, Isa Bistro, Chaval and Sur Lie
- A Hungarian wine tasting at Grippy Tannins
- A wine and Maine cheese tasting organized by the Maine Cheese Guild
- A Barre & Bubbles event at Solo Italiano
- Wine Wise wine sails in Casco Bay Wednesday through Sunday
- Numerous weeklong wine pour and food specials at restaurants around Portland from Mr Tuna, Local 188, The North Point, Evo, Leeward, Old Port Sea Grill, Little Giant, Maine Oyster Company, and Knotted Apron
Follow Portland Wine Week on instagram to keep in the loop on new events as they’re announced.
Also check out the Sponsorship page on portlandwineweek.me for opportunities to support Portland Wine Week overall or specific events on the program.