Today is the official start of Portland Beer Week. You can find a detailed schedule on the Portland Beer Week website. Here are a few events that look especially interesting:
- On Saturday Austin Street is releasing their new beer called Grist Mill, an “interpretation of a classic saison. Brewed with a blend of grains, hopped with Sterling and fermented with a blend of saison yeast and brettanomyces, this beer features a rustic malt base complimented by a spicy hop character and earthy brett funk”
- On Sunday is holding Freshmen Orientation, an event to celebrate the new class of brewers that opened in 2014, and the Maine Brew Bus is leading the 2nd Annual Home Brew Tour.
- On Monday Oxbow will be at Novare Res for a special bottle tasting of their beer.
- On Tuesday there will be a blind IPA tasting with a $500 prize for whomever can name all ten correctly.
- On Wednesday Bill Murray themed beers will be on tap throughout the city. Proceeds will be going to a charity of Bill Murray’s choosing.